S08 E10: Scripture Series Pt 3: Waymaker- Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life
- Nov 16 2020
- Length: 39 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
In this episode, we complete part 3 of our series on the Person of Jesus revealed in Scripture and what it means to personally know Jesus as the Way, the Truth and the Life. We chat about how relevant this is for us right now as we struggle to see a way forward in the craziness of the world and struggle to know what the truth really is amidst the enemy’s lies. We discuss how living the Paschal Mystery over and over is the Way to experience new life. Jesus invites us to an abundant life: the life that longs to be lived in us. It is not a riddle to be solved, but an invitation to stay with Him.
Heather’s one thing - I Believe - Damascus Worship. You can also find out more about the mission of Damascus and their missionary school online here.
Michelle’s one thing - Something Has To Break - Kierra Sheard and Tasha Cobbs Leonard
Michelle’s other one thing - The Advent Prayer Cards on sale now!
Sister Miriam’s one thing - The Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- What struck you from this week’s episode?
- How have the themes of trust and dependence in this season of life prepared you to receive Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life?
- What has been your personal experience of Jesus creating a way where you felt like there was no way? Is there a place that you need Him to make a way right now?
- Jesus is not playing hide and seek with us, he desires us to know the way. How is Jesus inviting you to stay close to him in order to experience Him as the way, truth and life for you personally?
- What is a situation in your life where you feel like there is no way forward? Take a moment to pray the words “Jesus you are the way.”
- The way Jesus shows us in scripture is the Paschal Mystery - the cycle of suffering, dying and rising again. How is Jesus inviting you further up and further in to living the Paschal Mystery in this season of your life?
- Is the life you are living, the life that longs to be lived in you?
- How have you made agreements with lies or false beliefs about who you are? Take a moment and invite Jesus the Truth into those areas and ask him to speak truth.
Quote to Ponder - “If, then, you are looking for the way by which you should go, take Christ, because he himself is the way: This is the way; walk in it. If you are looking for a goal, hold fast to Christ, because he himself is the truth, where we desire to be. My mouth shall reflect on the truth. If you are looking for a resting place, hold fast to Christ, because he himself is the life. Whoever finds me finds life, and receives salvation from the Lord.” - St Thomas Aquinas
Scripture for Lectio Divina - John 14:5-6 “Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Other Scripture to Pray With -
- Isaiah 30:21
- John 8:31-32
- Isaiah 43:16
- Exodus 15:1-22
This episode is sponsored by The Little Catholic.
The Little Catholic empowers women through hand-crafted, meaningful pieces that cultivate deeper faith and evangelization through beauty. Our impact extends beyond jewelry and empowering women. We also empower and partner with non-profits around the globe, designing beautiful pieces unique to their cause and donating a portion of all proceeds back to their mission. Giving back is one of our fundamental values.