We are currently making improvements to the Audible site. In an effort to enhance the accessibility experience for our customers, we have created a page to more easily navigate the new experience, available at the web address www.audible.com/access .
Thread of Hope Audiobook

Thread of Hope: The Joe Tyler Series, Book 1

Regular Price:$19.95
  • Membership Details:
    • First book free with 30-day trial
    • $14.95/month thereafter for your choice of 1 new book each month
    • Cancel easily anytime
    • Exchange books you don't like
    • All selected books are yours to keep, even if you cancel
  • - or -

Publisher's Summary

If someone took your child, how soon would you stop looking for her? If someone accused your best friend of a terrible crime, when would you stop defending him?

Seven years after Joe Tyler's daughter Elizabeth was abducted, he hasn't stopped looking for answers, and he hasn't forgotten the friend who stood by him as he lost his wife, his home, and his career in his search. Now he's been brought back to San Diego by the news that this friend has been arrested for beating up a teenage girl - a girl not much older than Elizabeth would be now.

Joe is convinced Chuck Winslow is innocent, but Chuck is in a coma and can't explain what happened. And the more Joe hears about what Chuck's been up to in the years he's been gone, the less Joe recognizes his old friend. To find out the truth, he will have to face his ex-wife, his former bosses, and a hometown full of wealth, lies, and illicit privilege. When Chuck's accuser goes missing, Joe must decide where his loyalties truly lie.

©2011 Jeff Shelby (P)2016 Jeff Shelby

What Members Say

Average Customer Rating

4.7 (24 )
5 star
 (18)
4 star
 (5)
3 star
 (1)
2 star
 (0)
1 star
 (0)
Overall
4.7 (21 )
5 star
 (16)
4 star
 (4)
3 star
 (1)
2 star
 (0)
1 star
 (0)
Story
4.9 (21 )
5 star
 (18)
4 star
 (3)
3 star
 (0)
2 star
 (0)
1 star
 (0)
Performance
Sort by:
  •  
    Audio Audits CHATSWORTH, CA, US 01-18-17
    Audio Audits CHATSWORTH, CA, US 01-18-17 Member Since 2004

I'm an audiobook blogger for authors and narrators. I do reviews and post all things Romance, Horror and Sci-Fi

HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Perfect Mystery!"

Joe Tyler, a private investigator is on a mission, a mission to find missing and abducted children. Something this former police officer couldn’t do for his own daughter, who went missing 7 years ago. Unable to move past the tragedy, it ultimately destroyed his marriage and law enforcement career.

The brutal beating of his best friend brings him back to his hometown, on a quest to find out what happened. The subsequent disappearance of the teenage girl at the center of the investigation dredges up the emotional memories from the still open wounds surrounding his own daughter's disappearance.

All I can say is wow! I’m a happy camper right now, I just finished listening to a wonderful mystery, I kept adding suspects to my list, then cross them off, only to add them back on again! And I was left guessing to the very end.

Thread of Hope is also the emotional story of a broken man, a natural protector, who, in the end, couldn’t protect the one person that meant the most to him. This story was absolutely heartbreaking in some passages and the author conveyed the emotions eloquently.

This book has plenty of action, adventure, and drama. And the story moves at a pretty quick pace.

Chris Andrew Ciulla narrates this 8-hour audiobook and does a fantastic job on this fully voiced production. I’m always happy when a narrator nails voicing characters of the opposite sex and Chris does it better than most, all his characters sound natural and the emotion he added to the reading was moving. Thread of Hope was an enjoyable listen and ended much too soon.

Jeff Shelby has written several books in the Joe Tyler series and I hope more of his books make it to audio and that Chris Ciulla narrates each one. Count me in!

This audiobook was gifted to me exchange for an unbiased review!

2 of 2 people found this review helpful
  •  
    Pam C Wolfforth, TX 01-15-17
    Pam C Wolfforth, TX 01-15-17
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Enjoyed every minute"

I, personally, love series books. It allows me to get to know the characters and learn what makes them tick. This is one such type of book. It ends on a good note, but left me wanting to know a little more about his search for his daughter. This first book of the series, Jeff Shelby drew me in from the very first sentence and held me there. The story is fast-paced and exciting and the characters are believable. Throughout this story, he took me right along with him as he worked out the whys and why nots on who was responsible for the issues at hand. Before the story ended, I was already searching to see if there was a book 2, and I will definitely be getting it.
    I listened to the audio book and Chris Ciulla does a fantastic job in the narration. His ability to keep the story moving is not one that every audio book narrator has. I enjoyed the timber of his voice, and the pace of his reading. He does a very good job of keeping character's voices separate and recognizable.
    All in all, I would recommend this book to my friends.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful
  •  
    Wanda Florida 01-14-17
    Wanda Florida 01-14-17
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "On the edge"

This book kept me on the edge of my chair and couldn't put it down. Teenage prostitution? Omg I couldn't believe it and the end open for book two I am so ready for it. Do not pass this one up worth every minute of your time. I received this free for an honest review from the author or narrator.

•  
    kelly watley 12-21-16 Member Since 2017

I love listening to Psychological Thrillers , and Suspenseful or Action Novels..

HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Spellbinding Suspense!!"

This book was well written I felt as I was right there with the detectives, searching for the murderer. Very captivating.

Report Inappropriate Content

If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.

Cancel

Thank you.

Your report has been received. It will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.