Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $3.95
Discover the life story of John Wooden and learn why he will be remembered as one of America's greatest leaders
John began his coaching career in September of 1932 when he was officially named Athletic Director, Coach, and English Teacher at Dayton High School in Kentucky. There is also evidence to suggest that at the same time he was playing for the Independent League known as the Indianapolis Kautskys. His first year coaching The Green Devils, John would have his first and only losing season, winning only six games and losing 11. Two years later John and Nellie moved to South Bend, Indiana where he would accept another coaching position for the South Bend Central High School's Bears. He would coach basketball and baseball in addition to teaching English. He also worked for a local book publisher.
Here is a preview of what you'll learn:
- John Wooden's early life experiences
- Why John Wooden's coaching methods are still popular today
- How John Wooden managed to be a full time coach and still spend lots of time with his family
- What everyone can learn from Wooden's Life
- Why John Wooden's players gave him so much respect