Kirklyn J. Berry has seen how youth’s attainment of their full potential necessitates one instrumental force guiding the way: motivation. With 10 years of mentoring experience, Kirk has crafted a practical system to teaching today’s adults how to foster the determination and, ultimately, the achievement of the adults of tomorrow. For the first time, Kirk presents his approach with 5 Powerful Tips for Motivating Youth, including:
- Tip I: Begin with Dialogue - Motivation begins with listening; not instructing.
- Tip II: Create Discipline - Make suggestions directly tied to their current interests to help them achieve their goals.
- Tip III: Challenge Them - Offer a challenge; overcoming such a task is confirmation that a person’s structure and discipline is paying off.
- Tip IV: Encourage - Champion them whether they succeed or fail at the challenge presented.
- Tip V: Emphasize Positive Outcomes - If the seed you plant is going to grow, you must water it along the way.
These tips equip anyone who plays an active role in a young person’s life - coaches, family members, teachers - with the tools to encourage the fulfillment of the next generation.