Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $14.95
Kirklyn J. Berry has seen how youth’s attainment of their full potential necessitates one instrumental force guiding the way: motivation. With 10 years of mentoring experience, Kirk has crafted a practical system to teaching today’s adults how to foster the determination and, ultimately, the achievement of the adults of tomorrow. For the first time, Kirk presents his approach with 5 Powerful Tips for Motivating Youth, including:
- Tip I: Begin with Dialogue - Motivation begins with listening; not instructing.
- Tip II: Create Discipline - Make suggestions directly tied to their current interests to help them achieve their goals.
- Tip III: Challenge Them - Offer a challenge; overcoming such a task is confirmation that a person’s structure and discipline is paying off.
- Tip IV: Encourage - Champion them whether they succeed or fail at the challenge presented.
- Tip V: Emphasize Positive Outcomes - If the seed you plant is going to grow, you must water it along the way.
These tips equip anyone who plays an active role in a young person’s life - coaches, family members, teachers - with the tools to encourage the fulfillment of the next generation.
What listeners say about Five Powerful Tips for Motivating YouthAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Tips I can use my own kid
I really enjoyed the practical tips in this book. The ideas Kirk presented made me evaluate how I listen (or lack there of) to my own son and what I can do to motivate him more effectively. If you’re looking for actionable ideas you can use today then pick up this book!
1 person found this helpful
- Dr. Kay Renee
A Must Read for Coaches, Teachers, Administrators, Mentors and PARENTS!
What a great read by Mr. Kirk Berry. This is a powerful book to elevate you to become better so you can inspire and motivate our youth to be phenomenal in their present and future self.
The quotes, research, and relatable movie excerpts help bring this book alive while offering practical tips to engage our youth. Berrys' personal journey also helped tell the story how important and cyclical it is to use DIALOGUE, DISCIPLINE, CHALLENGE, ENCOURAGEMENT, and EMPHASIZE POSITIVE OUTCOMES in motivating youth. These tips are not only good for youth but for anyone who desires to teach others to be inspired towards their own level of greatness.
A must read for sure!