Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $33.95
Here are 28 of the best-loved children's stories from around the world. Included are:
- "Dick Whittington and His Cat", an English folk tale
- "The Magic Swan", a traditional folk tale
- "Hok-Lee and the Dwarves", from The Green Fairy Book by Andrew Lang
- "Childe Rowland", an English folk tale
- "The Happy Prince" and "The Remarkable Rocket" by Oscar Wilde
- "The Magic Fishbone" by Charles Dickens
- "The Well of the World's End", an English folk tale
- "The Three Bears", a traditional folk tale
- "Squirrel Nutkin" by Beatrix Potter
- "The King of the Golden River" by John Ruskin<
- "How the Whale Got His Throat", "The Beginning of the Armadillos", "The Elephant's Child", and "The Cat Who Walked by Himself" by Rudyard Kipling
- "The Selfish Giant" by Oscar Wilde
- "The Gorgon's Head" by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "The Emperor's New Clothes", "The Tinderbox", "The Ugly Duckling", and "The Wild Swans" by Hans Christian Andersen
- "The Fisherman and His Wife", "The 12 Dancing Princesses", "The Bremen Town Musicians", and "The Six Servants" by The Brothers Grimm
- "Spindle, Shuttle, Needle", an English folk tale
- "Mowgli's Brothers" and "Rikki-Tikki-Tavi" by Rudyard Kipling
What listeners say about Favorite Children's StoriesAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Nice range of stories - some single voice and some dramatized but all well done.
34 people found this helpful
Good stuff but...
What did you love best about Favorite Children's Stories?
My grand kids and I loved the stories, both single voice and multiple. Great stories and very good readers.
What was one of the most memorable moments of Favorite Children's Stories?
Too many to count.
Any additional comments?
The one problem is that this recording is a bit old..not digital quality. In the car it was a bit hard to hear clearly at first but...once I upped the treble...they were fine. Looking forward to getting more of these Volumes.
18 people found this helpful
- Louise M
Would you listen to Favorite Children's Stories again? Why?
Yes...my kids love the stories.
What does uncredited bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?
Reading brought the stories alive!
Any additional comments?
Had to raise the treble a bit in car to cut through road noise.
17 people found this helpful
like someone rerecorded library records
Anyone could have done a better job producing (reproducing?) this collection from the their neglected basement tandy 1000 computer. The varying levels of volume from voice to voice within the same scenes were kind of charming (retro i hope?). The weird tangy echo present across the board was distracting at first...but the stories were fun. Who doesnt love a good, scary fairy tale?
- P. Miller
sometimes to quiet to hear, others too loud. was not impressed by performances, reading style.
- Anonymous User
poor audio quality
The stories are great. But sorry, this book is really hard to listen to, especially in the car. Sounds like an old gramophone recording. The "strange" thing is that the listening sample is the only story that has acceptable sound.
15 people found this helpful
What a mistake!!!!
I bought this to keep a 5 year old entertained on long journey.
What a mistake. Some of the stories we being read like a robot and I had to skip them before I went mad.
Some of them had strange story lines.
I didn't realise that the princess and frog required the frogs head to be chopped off. Also didn't realised that goldy locks was in fact a grumpy old woman. This was just a few....
RUBBISH. This has made the rethink about the subscription !!!
1 person found this helpful
We purchased this for a long trip, thinking it would entertain our younger children however, although we were looking forward to the many stories, the very poor sound quality and pure obscurity of some of the texts meant that we eventually gave up on it.
2 people found this helpful
- Anonymous User
Poor quality and many stories difficult to hear. This was very disappointing and would not recommend this book to anyone. Have given up on this well before the end.
I don't know what the previous reviewer is on about. This is an outstanding collection of stories read by a variety of richly evocative narrators. It is spellbinding. Do yourself a favour and buy it!