Episode 011: Five Pillars of Discipline
- Nov 4 2020
- Length: 21 mins
Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
ABOUT THIS EPISODE:
Hello faith friends.
Welcome back to Raise the Praise. I've got a teaching spirit in me today. Listen, if you like the word 'Discipline', I'm telling you, I want to help you out. I'm going to help you out with five things you can do to conquer the D-word. I have a question for you. Are you on the right side? When it comes to making sure you're listening, watching, seeing and doing those things and actions that are going to lead you to the goals that you set for yourself? Think about all the stuff we allow to get into our heart gate that sabotages us from reaching our goals and moving forward. You must learn to...here comes the D word, yes, discipline. Discipline in your physical, financial and spiritual health.
Ready? Let's get started...
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH ME…
• Website: https://raisethepraisepodcast.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jbell2007
• Facebook Group: https://www.choose2praise.com
• Discipline gives you the power to stick to your commitments and your decisions, it helps you to follow through with what you said you were going to do, without changing your mind based on how you feel. (2:54)
• Almost anything you can do to better yourself or improve your life, requires some form of self-discipline. Think about what you've been through over the course of your life, and you've reached whatever goal it may be. It can even be going back to school, it took some self-discipline in order to actualize that goal, right? So, let's quickly talk about the five pillars that I believe that will help us when it comes to self-discipline. (5:16)
• Will power can be short-lived, but that's okay, this is why people jump from one diet to the next and try this thing and another over here. Your willpower is a great starting point, just like motivation, but self-discipline is going to help you to get to where you're trying to go. (7:47)
• You just have to be consistent, you have to be persistent, you have to maintain actions regardless of your feelings. Get your feelings out of the way, your feelings don't get you to your goals, they don't. Think about those things, think about pressing towards your goal, even when you feel like quitting. That's what persistence is. (13:09)
EPISODE AIRED ON: NOVEMBER 04, 2020
What listeners say about Episode 011: Five Pillars of DisciplineAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
I needed to hear this podcast. It helped to motivate me and I will keep at it.
Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.
You voted on this review!
You reported this review!