Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $29.95
By Jane Austen
Presented by The Online Stage
Emma was the last completed novel by Jane Austen. It tells the story of a spirited and opinionated young woman who lives with her widowed father and who has an unfortunate penchant for interfering in the love life of those around her. As others in her small circle gradually find partners, the question which is at the center of all Jane Austen novels remains to be answered: how will Emma find a husband for herself?
- Narrator - Libby Stephenson
- Emma Woodhouse - Amanda Friday
- Henry Woodhouse - Alan Weyman
- George Knightley - Jeff Moon
- Harriet Smith - Arielle Lipshaw
- Anne Weston - P.J. Morgan
- Philip Elton - Russell Gold
- John Knightley - Richard Andrews
- Isabella Knightley/Jane Fairfax - Becca Maggie
- Mr Weston - David Prickett
- Mrs Ford/Mrs Bates - Linda Barrans
- Miss Bates - K.G.Cross
- Frank Churchill - Andy Harrington
- Mrs Cole/Augusta Elton - Leanne Yau
- Audio edited by Libby Stephenson
What listeners say about EmmaAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
must get use to the accents but very well read. I would recommend it to others.
1 person found this helpful
- E. Young
Dear old story spoiled
While I have no gripe with the narrative, of course, I found the narration to be irritating and so bought a different version narrated by Juliette Stevenson whose mellifluous tones match Austen’s classic.
‘Emma’ by Jane Austen, narrated by Libby Stephenson, assisted by diverse actors.
Horrible wrecking of an otherwise brilliant story!! Narrator rushing along as if she couldn’t wait to finish. I do NOT recommend this version of ‘Emma’. However, Audible has another version, beautifully narrated by Anna Bentinck. Recommend this highly. My opinion is also that any Austen novel should be narrated/acted in English, not American.