Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $6.95
Most everyone has heard of H. H. Holmes as America's first serial killer. He truly was a diabolical and evil individual. The intention of writing this book is not to declare anyone as America's first serial killer, but rather to reveal that serial killers existed very early in America's growth.
America's Early Serial Killers contains in vivid detail the murderous activities of five serial killers starting back in the 1790s and continuing through to the 1890s. In one case, the killer has never been identified. Given that these cases occurred so long ago, there will certainly be differing accounts as to what happened and who did what. The research was as thorough as possible though the conclusions may differ from other resources.
The serial killers included in this book used different tactics and methods than current day serial killers though the atrocities were as bad if not worse.
Included are the cases of:
- The Harpe Brothers who slaughtered up to 40 people, including some of their own children
- Felipe Espinosa who murdered many settlers in the Colorado territory
- The Murderous Bender Family who killed travelers for their money
- The still unsolved Servant Girl Murders of Austin, Texas, and finally
- The story of H. H. Holmes himself.
If you enjoy reading about true crime that's a bit unusual, this book will certainly satisfy and at the same time also reveal some facets of early American life.