Add to Cart failed.
Add to Wish List failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy for $19.95
From colonization to the space race, this is the story of America’s successes and failures. Learn how a little settlement of a few hundred colonists grew to be one of the most powerful nations in the world. US History: An Overview of the Most Important People and Events in the History of United States, from Indians to Contemporary History of America follows the roller-coaster of events that drove the United States to become a modern superpower. This quick tour through the most significant events in US history reveals the mistakes that tore a country apart as well as the triumphs that rebuilt and bolstered it.
- The discovery of an uncharted continent by Christopher Columbus
- The colonization of North America by the Spanish, French, English and Portuguese
- The establishment of the 13 colonies
- Fierce competition among European powers as they carved the North American land mass into territories
- The election of the first president, the signing of the Declaration of Independence, and the American Revolution
- The tragedies, wars, famine, and prosperity that shaped the United States into a superpower
- How the United States Constitution continues to guide us today
- How the modern Republican and Democratic parties were shaped
Meet the historical juggernauts who made the United States into what it is today including Christopher Columbus, George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Richard Nixon and more. Learn how the Civil War, Emancipation Proclamation, industrialization, labor movement, WWI, Prohibition, the Great Depression, WWII, the Cold War, and the space race molded a nation.
Start your journey through American history today with US History: An Overview of the Most Important People and Events in the History of United States, from Indians to Contemporary History of America.
What listeners say about American HistoryAverage Customer Ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Denise Campbell
This was a good book that outlined the most important people and events in history. I was most impressed with the narrator and felt that he brought life to the content. Great job!
2 people found this helpful
- ROGER PECK
Very interesting & informative!
I enjoyed listening to this book, it was so informative & kept my interest throughout.
1 person found this helpful