We all have our own views and perspectives about what adoption is and isn't. Some of them come from what we have seen and heard throughout the life experiences of someone that is adopted or has adopted in real life, or even documentaries and audiobooks like this one. Others are just simply vague ideas that people plant into our minds based almost entirely on hearsay and fallacy. These myths are everywhere, and there are tons of them out there.
In this audiobook, we have organized a very straightforward summary of everything you need to know covering the fundamental basics of the process of adoption and debunking your fears with all the worry and anxiety you might have built up over time as you consult more of your friends or even strangers for their opinions. Sometimes preparation would go a long way when you do your research properly and your mind arrives at the destination before you do. That way, you can reduce a lot of unwanted, wasted energy on the things and people that don't matter or participate in the role of raising this child. At the end of the day, you hold the key to your life decisions, and this would be one of those times that would change your entire world forever. We are here with you every step of the way in this book.
"Adopting one child might not change the world overnight, but for the child, their world would never be the same.” (Colette Hotchner)
Book content includes:
- Chapter 1 - So What Do I Do First?
- Chapter 2 - Nine Adoption Myths Debunked
- Chapter 3 - How to Get Ready to Adopt a Baby
- Chapter 4 - Getting on the Same Page as Your Partner
- Chapter 5 - Top 7 Reasons to Use an Adoption Agency
- Chapter 6 - Ideas to Help with the Cost of Adopting
- Chapter 7 - The Pros and Cons of Adoption
- Chapter 8 - The Future of Adoption