A must listen for any bootstrapping creative or entrepreneur!
10,000 Miles to Go: An American Filmmaking Odyssey focuses on the making of an award winning contemporary feature film, which was successfully bootstrapped against monumental odds with near-zero funding, yet which made its way to numerous international sales and broadcasts and a place in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), NYC, films collection. From concept through worldwide international sales, 10,000 Miles to Go takes you through through the entire process - warts and all - stripping away the glamour of the movie business to reveal what it takes to bootstrap and execute an ambitious startup creative project with maximum impact on a minimal budget.
An essential book about filmmaking, movie and video directing, film editing, scriptwriting, and production, 10,000 Miles to Go is also a book which any startup entrepreneur or creative will find absolutely revealing and illuminating.
10,000 Miles to Go is a fascinating and insightful listen for all kinds of bootstrappers and entrepreneurs, whether working in media, business, creative fields, or tech startup areas! Told in a conversational and often humorous style, 10,000 Miles to Go is a real life chronicle and expression of what many of today's creative and entrepreneurial types - in all fields - will encounter as they pursue their own particular dreams, ambitions, and explorations without much in the way of financial backing, safety nets, or safe-words for that matter.
With this audiobook you will learn:
- How to understand the mindset and challenges of bootstrapping a project
- How to use creativity and an asymmetrical ("guerilla") approach in place of money
- How to overcome psychological barriers, fear, and doubt during the process
- How to navigate the "realpolitik" behind a project's execution: the alliances, and the real dynamics of competition in the field
- How to demystify the production process of a long form filmmaking venture
- How to apply bootstrapping principles to your own business or project
- How to exploit opportunities to the maximum, whatever field you may be working in!
- How technological changes in any industry can have a massive impact on outcomes
Note: This audiobook is based upon real, unfiltered discussions with filmmaker and writer-director Jason Rosette (jasonrosette.com). All material is from the entrepreneur-filmmaker's point of view - this audiobook includes plenty of exclusive stories you definitely won't hear at film school! Whether making a film, a movie, writing a book, undertaking an edit of a production, listeners will learn what really goes into the shoot of a film or video project, and what it takes to direct as a filmmaker.
This is an audiobook on filmmaking for real indie filmmakers, allowing the maker to capture with a camera and effectively transmit a vision onto the screen - whether a project involves a lot of editing, a new director still learning techniques, or a seasoned producer shooting a script or slate of movies for digital distribution.
"Terrific" (LA Times)
"Superb" (NY Film Critics Circle)
"Hilarious" (The New Yorker)