- helpful vote
- How Sports Can Transform Lives
- By: Joe Ehrmann, Gregory Jordan, Paula Ehrmann
- Narrated by: Michael Prichard
- Length: 9 hrs and 15 mins
Joe Ehrmann's coaching philosophy was described by Jeffrey Marx in the best seller Season of Life, and since the publication of that book, thousands of coaches have looked to Joe for advice about putting his philosophy into practice. InSideOut Coaching provides the critical information and tools they've been waiting for - the information to help coaches everywhere create more meaningful experiences for themselves and to maximize their impact on the lives of the athletes they coach.
Not just for coaches
- By Mark Rogers on 04-25-15
A very thoughtful look at the development of young people and how to transform them with the power of coaching and sports
The Brave Athlete
- Calm the F--k Down and Rise to the Occasion
- By: Simon Marshall PhD, Lesley Paterson
- Narrated by: Simon Marshall, Lesley Paterson
- Length: 9 hrs and 39 mins
The Brave Athlete solves the 13 most common mental conundrums athletes face in their everyday training and in races. You don't have one brain - you have three; your ancient Chimp brain that keeps you alive, your modern Professor brain that navigates the civilized world, and your Computer brain that accesses your memories and runs your habits (good and bad). They fight for control all the time and that's when bad things happen. What if you could stop the thoughts and feelings you don't want? You can.
F-ing good book
- By Soren G. Brockdorf on 05-24-18
Loved the theories but couldnt relate
I really enjoyed this reading
However I wish thst drew more example from different sports.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful