- helpful votes
The Wolf Worlds
- Sten Series, Book 2
- By: Chris Bunch, Allan Cole
- Narrated by: Jerry Sciarrio
- Length: 9 hrs and 27 mins
Raised on the factory planet of Vulcan, Sten soon learns about the survival of the toughest. Now he wants more than survival. The Eternal Emperor rules countless worlds across the galaxy. Vast armies and huge fleets await his command. But when the Emperor needs to pacify the Wolf Worlds, the planets of an insignificant cluster that have raised space piracy to a low art, he turns to Mantis Team and its small band of militant problem–solvers. Sten’s destiny is in his own hands.
Very Good Story!
- By Dennis on 08-09-13
Ugh.. The ACCENTS
Okay, this probably isn't entirely fair, as I've read this book in physical format probably 5+ times, but the voice acting was incredibly distracting... Warning, spoilers ahead...
Okay, so a couple of things caught me here:
1. The Eternal Emperor is NOT AUSTRALIAN. If you've read the series all the way through you know that he is originally from Hawaii, so the Australian accent seemed crazy off to me.
2. Mahoney is of Irish ancestry, which the series references often, so why the voice actor would choose to go with a proper British accent a la the Empire from Star Wars confounds me.
3. Tanz Sullamora with an Indian accent seemed extremely odd, as did Mathias having a deep gravely voice, though that's probably just me projecting the accents I've always heard in my head.
4. A TON of the words were pretty grossly mispronounced (ex. "livee" being pronounced "Lye-vee" instead of "live-ee")
Still a great story, and some accents were done well (Kershane and the Bohr being prime examples).