- helpful votes
The Essential Dogen
- Writings of the Great Zen Master
- By: Peter Levitt (editor), Kazuaki Tanahashi (editor)
- Narrated by: Brian Nishii
- Length: 5 hrs and 43 mins
This is the first book to offer the great master's incisive wisdom in short selections taken from the whole range of his voluminous works. The pithy and powerful readings, arranged according to theme, provide a perfect introduction to Dogen - and inspire spiritual practice in people of all traditions.
One of Buddhism's most influential teachers.
- By Tom Phillpotts on 08-21-15
Good intro to Dogen
Trying to learn about Zen by reading seems ironic, but that's why I picked this up. Each story / writing seems interesting but not as inspiring as I hoped. Maybe the student is not ready in this case...