- helpful votes
World War Z: The Complete Edition (Movie Tie-in Edition)
- An Oral History of the Zombie War
- By: Max Brooks
- Narrated by: Max Brooks, Alan Alda, John Turturro, and others
- Length: 12 hrs and 9 mins
World War Z: The Complete Edition is a new recording of Max Brooks’ best-selling novel, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, featuring 21 additional Hollywood A-list actors and sci-fi fan favorites performing stories not included in the original edition. New narrators include Academy Award-winning director Martin Scorsese, Spiderman star Alfred Molina, The Walking Dead creator Frank Darabont, rapper Common, Firefly star Nathan Fillion, Shaun of the Dead’s Simon Pegg, and members of the casts of Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes and more!
A Good Story with an All Star Cast but ABRIDGED
- By Kim Venatries on 05-22-13
I've Spoken with Random House
What did you love best about World War Z: The Complete Edition (Movie Tie-in Edition)?
Here are the facts:
1. Audible made a mistake and put "unabridged" next to the book's title. They admitted their mistake and offered me a refund (via email), which I declined. I'm sure they'll honor a refund to you as well.
2. This edition is A) the first release (which did have some "in-chapter" edits) and B) a bunch of new stuff. That's why chapter 3, for example, is missing some passages: because they were missing in the first edition.
3. Your complaints or requests for an unabridged version should go to Random House, for they are the producers of the audio book.
4. Despite the (yes, very annoying) omissions, this new edition is simply excellent.
5. #4 is an opinion. Not a fact.
5 of 10 people found this review helpful
The Books of Blood, Volume 1
- By: Clive Barker
- Narrated by: Simon Vance, Dick Hill, Peter Berkrot, and others
- Length: 6 hrs and 51 mins
Weaving tales of the everyday world transformed into an unrecognizable place, where reason no longer exists and logic ceases to explain the workings of the universe, Clive Barker provides the stuff of nightmares in packages too tantalizing to resist. This first volume contains the short stories : "The Book of Blood," "The Midnight Meat Train," "The Yattering and Jack," "Sex, Death, and Starshine," and "In the Hills, the Cities,"
Everyone's a Book of Blood
- By Steven Savile on 05-09-13
What made the experience of listening to The Books of Blood, Volume 1 the most enjoyable?
Some of Barker's best early stories are in this volume. The narrators are strong and the tales still pack a great punch. The introductions mentioned in the description, however, are nowhere to be found. Just the stories.
Collecting the first three Books of Blood into one full audio book may have been a better idea, but it's a fair price for a half-dozen stories of this quality. "Midnight Meat Train" is a classic, but the final story in V1 is something truly special.
4 of 6 people found this review helpful