- helpful votes
Philosophy of Science
- By: Jeffrey L. Kasser, The Great Courses
- Narrated by: Jeffrey L. Kasser
- Length: 18 hrs and 17 mins
- Original Recording
What makes science science? Why is science so successful? How do we distinguish science from pseudoscience? This exciting inquiry into the vigorous debate over the nature of science covers important philosophers such as Karl Popper, W. V. Quine, Thomas Kuhn, Paul Feyerabend, Imre Lakatos, Carl Hempel, Nelson Goodman, and Bas van Fraassen.
- By Claire C McLauchin on 06-24-15
Exploration, intellectual structure of science
This was an earnest, serious and fair treatment of what sits underneath science. It gave me the desire to look more at the ways I parse my own practice of science.
The Norm Chronicles
- Stories and Numbers About Danger and Death
- By: Michael Blastland, David Spiegelhalter
- Narrated by: Angelo Di Loreto
- Length: 10 hrs and 57 mins
An entertaining guide to the statistics of personal risk, The Norm Chronicles will enlighten anyone who has ever worried about the dangers we encounter in our daily lives.
Who KNEW death and statistics could be such FUN?
- By Philo on 03-13-15
The Companion PDF???
Great book, if a recording ever mentions a companion chart, figure out image then Audible should get it and post it next to the recording... it is not that difficult.