- helpful vote
- Emerilia, Book 4
- By: Michael Chatfield
- Narrated by: Tristan Morris
- Length: 10 hrs and 31 mins
Alliances and enemies are made, but the Stone Raiders keep their promise. They swore to themselves they would bring the Aleph back to Emerilia. Secrets, powerful creatures and a hidden civilization wait for the Stone Raiders in the abandoned Aleph facilities and cities. Will they be able to clear the Aleph facilities and complete their quest? Or will they be fated to fail? One thing is for sure, the Stone Raiders won’t give up easily.
Great book, 1 chapter out of order
- By Gavin on 02-02-18
The first book of this series was pretty entertaining. Books 2, 3, and 4 go sideways for a few different reasons:
1. Do we really need every detail from every fight in every battle? The book wastes hours of content going into unneeded detail on each and every fight of each and every battle. Most of it can be cut and I found myself fast forwarding just to get it over with.
2. If you are going to do humor please actually be funny. Chatfield's humor just doesn't work. Some of it repeats itself and is not funny the second time around either.
3. Were the intimate scenes written by a virgin teen boy? Seriously Chatfield your wife must be constantly unsatisfied.
When you get past the bloated battle chapters, terrible humor, and bad sex there is legitimately some good content in this book and series. Just disappointed because this series had so much promise is book 1.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful