- helpful votes
Surprise, Kill, Vanish
- The Secret History of CIA Paramilitary Armies, Operators, and Assassins
- By: Annie Jacobsen
- Narrated by: Annie Jacobsen
- Length: 19 hrs and 5 mins
From Pulitzer Prize finalist Annie Jacobsen, the untold story of the CIA's secret paramilitary units.
Lots of facts, offset by too much fiction
- By Steve M on 05-24-19
A good historical recap of covert operations from WWII to current. I wish more info was provided regarding current operations.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Left of Boom
- How a Young CIA Case Officer Penetrated the Taliban and Al-Qaeda
- By: Douglas Laux, Ralph Pezzullo
- Narrated by: Mike Dawson
- Length: 8 hrs and 53 mins
On September 11, 2001, Doug Laux was a freshman in college, on the path to becoming a doctor. But with the fall of the Twin Towers came a turning point in his life. After graduating, he joined the Central Intelligence Agency, determined to get himself to Afghanistan and into the center of the action. Through persistence and hard work, he was fast-tracked to a clandestine operations position overseas. Dropped into a remote region of Afghanistan, he received his baptism by fire.
- By Csaba Turkosi on 12-29-16
In some chapters entire paragraphs are redacted. In others, it seems every other word is redacted.