- helpful votes
- The Surprising Science That Shows How Being near, in, on, or under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do
- By: Wallace J. Nichols, Céline Cousteau (foreword)
- Narrated by: Wallace J. Nichols
- Length: 9 hrs and 34 mins
In Blue Mind, Wallace J. Nichols revolutionizes how we think about these questions, revealing the remarkable truth about the benefits of being in, on, under, or simply near water. Combining cutting-edge neuroscience with compelling personal stories from top athletes, leading scientists, military veterans, and gifted artists, he shows how proximity to water can improve performance, increase calm, diminish anxiety, and increase professional success.
Listening to Blue Mind is my preferred mode
- By oceanshaman on 11-02-14
Transformative... the author is a classic storyteller.
Simply put, this book explained why I was compelled to be near water. Aren’t we all? Doesn’t matter why to most of us at first... but once you understand that WATER IS MEDICINE you will listen to what your mind/body/soul is saying... your Blue Mind. It’s saying it needs water to survive, to relax, to find peace, to have fun, to exercise, to feel the “rush”, to heal, to mourn, to celebrate, to feel complete. I always knew this... now I “get it” and have a name for it. Transformative narrative you can’t read or listen to just once. Thank you J. I wish you water too.