- helpful votes
It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work
- By: Jason Fried, David Heinemeier Hansson
- Narrated by: Eileen Stevens
- Length: 3 hrs and 18 mins
It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work is a direct successor to Rework, the instant best seller that showed listeners a new path to working effectively. Now Fried and Heinemeier Hansson have returned with a new strategy for the ideal company culture - what they call 'the calm company'. It is a direct attack on the chaos, anxiety and stress that plague millions of workplaces and billions of people working their day jobs. Working to breaking point with long hours, excessive business, and a lack of sleep have become a badge of honour for many people these days, when it should be a mark of stupidity.
Enjoyable short book full of inspiration
- By Lukas on 12-09-18
Every business person needs to read this!
I loved reading this. The boon is thought-provoking, very relatable, and filled with clear and actionable points.
Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married
- By: Gary Chapman
- Narrated by: Chris Fabry
- Length: 3 hrs and 44 mins
Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married was written to help you realize your goal of marital happiness. But don’t just listen to it - experience it. Grapple with the practical tips and ideas discussed, honestly share your thoughts and feelings, respect each other’s opinions, and find workable solutions to your differences. The more you do so, says Chapman, the more you will be prepared for marriage.
Useful and Practical!
- By Charles on 12-11-13
Useful and Practical!
What made the experience of listening to Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married the most enjoyable?
It contains real-life issues and real-life experiences. I'll listen over and over again.
What’s an idea from the book that you will remember?
1. That being in love is not an adequate foundation for building a successful marriage
2. That romantic love has two stages
3. The saying: "Like mother, like daughter" and "Like father, like son" is not myth
4. That forgiveness is not a feeling
5. That toilets are not self-cleaning
6. That we needed a plan for handling our money
7. That mutual sexual fulfillment is not automatic
8. That I was marrying into a family
12 of 12 people found this review helpful