- helpful votes
- Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance
- By: Alex Hutchinson, Malcolm Gladwell - foreword
- Narrated by: Robert G. Slade
- Length: 11 hrs and 9 mins
Writing from both the cutting edge of scientific discovery and the front-lines of elite athletic performance, National Magazine Award-winning science journalist Alex Hutchinson presents a revolutionary account of the dynamic and controversial new science of endurance.
Excellent book, but the performance contains egregious pronunciation errors
- By Jonathan Waldron on 04-01-18
I was hoping to get a practical advice......
which I did not get. the same old wisdom - "believe and focus" (or the other way around). easier said than done. i was really looking forward to practical tips to improve these two.
- Using Language to Build Authority and Influence
- By: Sarah Myers McGinty Ph.D.
- Narrated by: Sarah Myers McGinty Ph.D.
- Length: 2 hrs and 58 mins
Power Talk uses the reality of today's business world to show how each of us becomes captive to the way we talk, and why everybody needs a little linguistic cross training.
Ok, but very few new facts
- By Mark van Dongen on 12-19-07
3/4 of the book is outdated
I found some useful information in the book, but that totaled to ~15%... The book might have been more relevant 20 years ago