Patricia Raybon grew up in a time of hate, but rejoices she found God's love in a time of need. An award-winning author and journalist, she writes about faith, race and grace -- inspiring healing and connection in Christ. Her books for you include:
- "My First White Friend," her racial forgiveness memoir which won the Christopher Award and a Books for a Better Life Award.
- "I Told the Mountain to Move," her prayer memoir which was a 2006 Book of the Year Finalist in Christianity Today Magazine's annual book awards.
- The One Year® devotional, "God's Great Blessings," a daily study on Bible virtues that God blesses.
- "Undivided: A Muslim Daughter, Her Christian Mother, Their Path to Peace"--co-authored with her impassioned younger daughter Alana Raybon--on their mother-daughter struggle for interfaith peace.
- "Beautiful Blessings from God," a gift-sized condensed "mini" version of her One Year® devotional, "God's Great Blessings."
- "Bound for Glory," a tribute to African American spirituals, co-authored with renowned calligrapher Timothy Botts.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT PATRICIA:
Patricia's courageous personal essays on faith, culture and family have been published in The New York Times Magazine, Newsweek, USA Today, USA Weekend, Country Living Magazine, Chicago Tribune, The Denver Post, Guideposts, In Touch Magazine of Charles Stanley Ministries, and aired on National Public Radio.
A journalist by training, Patricia earned a B.A. in journalism from Ohio State University and an M.A. in journalism from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Patricia worked for a dozen years in Denver as a newspaper journalist at The Denver Post and the Rocky Mountain News. Mid-career she joined the journalism faculty at the University of Colorado at Boulder where she taught print journalism for 15 years, getting promoted to professor emerita in 2006.
Patricia now writes full-time on matters of faith. She is also mom to two grown daughters, a "Grammy" to five grandchildren, mother-in-law to one "son," and the wife of 43 years to her husband Dan. She and Dan make their home in Colorado where she grew up. In all of this, Patricia seeks to live in the spirit of her favorite Scripture: "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes." (Romans 1:16 NIV
WHAT DO PEOPLE SAY?
"Glorious...Raybon can tell a story to be sure."-- Publishers Weekly
"Packed with powerful moments."--Kirkus Reviews
"Artistic excellence affirming the highest values of the human spirit."--The Christopher Awards
"Powerful. Inspiring. Masterful."-- Good Girl Reviews
"A real gem...(her) writing is fluid and substantial."-- FaithfulReader.Com
"Lush prose...eminently readable."--Christianity Today Magazine
"Wonderfully written." Forbes Book Club
"Raybon is an award-winning writer. This book shows why."--NAPRA Review
Join her on the journey at www.patriciaraybon.com
- A Muslim Daughter, Her Christian Mother, Their Path to Peace
- By: Patricia Raybon, Alana Raybon
- Narrated by: Suzie Althens, Simona Chitescu-Weik
- Length: 9 hrs and 22 mins
Undivided is a real-time story of healing and understanding with alternating chapters from each as they struggle to learn how to love each other in a whole new way....
- By Jackie on 06-03-15
Add to Cart failed.Please try again later
Add to Wish List failed.Please try again later
Remove from wishlist failed.Please try again later
Adding to library failedPlease try again
Regular price: $28.51