CEO On Purpose Hub | Author | Engineer | Mother
www.onpurposehub.com | @KarenTJames | @onpurposehub
Fast-talking, funny and pulling no punches, Karen James is a Jersey girl turned social entrepreneur, author and speaker, who has risen through the ranks of the global corporate world while honouring her most important role in life: being a proud single mother and humanitarian.
Characterised by informed and infectious energy, with a great sense of humour, Karen pours her unique career and life experience into energetic keynote presentations. After 30 years, her stories are colourful and full of action-outcome responses to the questions everyone is asking. From innovation to transformation to community building, Karen's global career brings something for everyone.
Karen's business decisions have long been guided by deep-rooted principles concerning freedom and feminism. It was not unusual for Karen to be physically edged out of all-male lab groups and have to crawl on the ground to push her way into the centre of the circle; setting a metaphorical precedent for her life as a leader in business since.
And it's worked. She has since fixed networks connecting to North Sea oil rigs, designed and implemented a 600-seat virtual service centre for the Commonwealth Bank in 12 weeks, and turned a $9M business into a $100M business early on in her career - setting the tone for her future in business: have purpose, build the right culture, and bring in amazing leaders who are, above all, human.
Karen speaks with heart, experience, and about leadership lessons and practical 'how to' tips on four topics in particular:
1. Where are the women?
As the first member of her immediate family to go to university, and one of very few females in her time to obtain a BS in Electrical Engineering and a Masters in Environmental Engineering, Karen has first-hand experience of the unique plight of women in technology and often business.
1. Understand why and how women are important in business, and in particular technology, and learn tips and tricks for attracting and keeping them.
2. Experience real-world examples of failure and success.
3. Learn and create environments that welcome and attract everyone, especially the women!
2. Create, disrupt and innovate - how constructive communities and transformational leaders can build a better world
Karen's principled approach reaped rewards when she co-created a cross-cultural change program for the Commonwealth Bank based on the teachings of women in rural India. The program has directly changed the lives of business executives since, and its transformational ripple effect continues to make monumental changes to this day.
But the real defining moment for Karen took place when she led the birth and growth of the Commonwealth Bank's Women in Focus network - a supportive community of over 10,000 businesswomen - built within three years, from scratch. Not only did Karen and her team prove that a corporate bank could develop more meaningful relationships with its community of clients, they also showed over 10,000 women that anyone who believes in themselves can have untold doors opened to them.
1. Understand the essence of what it takes to move from transacting to relating with current and future customers.
2. Experience real-world examples of successful transformations and communities.
3. Learn and create new mindsets, new thinking and new operating models.
3. Her book, On Purpose: Why great leaders start with the PLOT
These days, Karen is guided by her own Why. She is on a heartfelt mission to help people in business find their own inner leader and feel empowered to be the change that we are all headed towards. She believes this change represents a global shift in direction, inviting a new economy based on connection and humanity. It's where the future of our organisations, business and entrepreneurialism lies - and it's where tomorrow's leaders will be inspired to create positive change for us all.
Writing On Purpose: Why great leaders start with the PLOT with its corresponding BLUEFRAME™ approach and mobile digital app has provided the platform for Karen's company On Purpose Hub - building for a better world, on purpose.
1. Understand the book and discover how a framework and blueprint ¬- the BLUEFRAME™ approach - can get their organisation, and themselves personally, living on purpose.
2. Experience real-world examples of the application of a purpose-led organisation transforming, innovating and exceeding their goals.
3. Create their own BLUEFRAME™ operating model to unleash their purpose - converting mastery, innovation and transformation into amazing meaning-driven results.
4. Her story
This keynote speech shares the defining moments and key decision points that led Karen to the path she is on today. It reveals how mentoring changed her life at so many important junctions and how turning right, literally, always leads to a better outcome.
- Why Great Leaders Start with the PLOT
- By: Karen James
- Narrated by: Karen James
- Length: 5 hrs and 16 mins
On Purpose is a modern-day business book for those who want to steer their work and lives back on course. Shed the mediocrity that comes from halfhearted decision making....
Add to Cart failed.Please try again later
Add to Wish List failed.Please try again later
Remove from wishlist failed.Please try again later
Adding to library failedPlease try again
Regular price: $19.95