Dr. Joachim de Posada is a highly qualified international motivational speaker and author based in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Miami, Florida, who is fluent in English and Spanish. He specializes in sales, management, leadership and team building and has worked in more than fifty countries and the United States.
Dr. Posada holds a Bachelors degree in Business Administration from the University of Puerto Rico, a Master's degree and a Doctorate in Psychology.
Serving as Director, Learning Systems Division of Xerox Corporation based in Stamford, Joachim had the best research in the industry available to him and participated in the development of some of the most successful sales training programs available today. He then became a consultant for Learning International and Achieve Global after the division was sold to Times Mirror Corporation. He helped Franklin Covey Corporation expand to Latin America, working both in their international and domestic divisions.
He has been an adjunct professor at the University of Miami since 1988 teaching Leadership, Psychology Applied to Sales, Negotiating Skills and Time Management.
Dr. Posada has traveled with his message, energy and passion on stage to address audiences in more than 60 countries. Some of his clients include Exxon Mobile, Merck, Verizon, Baxter, BBVA, the US National Guard, Sprint, Amadeus, American Airlines, and others.
His motivational methods have been so successful that they have been transferred to the sports world. In the past he has been a consultant in Sports Psychology for the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks, the Los Angeles Lakers,The New Jersey Nets, Puerto Rican Professional teams and Olympic teams, motivating the players to achieve higher levels of performance.
This combination of Academia, Corporate, and Sports has given Joachim a unique perspective in putting proven principles to work to motivate and inspire people to new levels of excellence. This blend of experiences is guaranteed to have four synergistic effects on your business:
1. Increase sales
2. Raise Productivity
3. Empower Managers to Coach
4. Inspire a winning team
He is the lead author of several books, including:
* "Don't Eat the Marshmallow...Yet: The Secret to Sweet Success in Work and in Life" named the best book of the month by the New York Times and published by Penguin. This book has been translated into eighteen languages and it is now an international best seller having sold more than 2 million copies since its publication on Sept, 2005.
* "Don´t Gobble the Marshmallow... Ever: The Secret to Sweet Success in Times of Change," the sequel to 'Yet." It was published on November 6th, 2007 and has sold more than 500,000 copies.
* "Keep Your Eye on the Marshmallow: The Fastest Way to Gain Focus and Resilience--And Come Out Ahead in Hard Times" will be published on May 7, 2013. It is the third book in the continuing series and was co-authored by Bob Andelman (Built From Scratch, The Profit Zone, Mean Business, Mind Over Business).
* "How to Survive among Piranhas: Motivation to Succeed" has been a bestseller in Latin America and in Korea. This book was published by Planeta, the largest Spanish publisher in the world and the seventh largest in the world.
Presently, Dr. Posada writes a weekly column in the Business Monday Section of the Puerto Rico Daily Sun and has a daily motivational capsule three times a day in WOSO, the only commercial English Radio Station in San Juan, Puerto Rico..
He served as director on the board of the National Speakers Association for the year 2008-2009.
He spoke at the TED Conference in 2009 and again at TED U in 2010.
He is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, The American Psychotherapy Association, the International Management Consultants Association, The Committee for the Scientific Investigation of Claims of the Paranormal, and Rotary International.
Other career highlights:
* Named in 2009 one of 25 Hot Speakers in the United States who are shaping the speaking profession by Professionally Speaking, the National Speakers Association magazine.
* Awarded Most Distinguished Hispanic Speaker in the United States in 2007 at the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Convention in San Juan, P.R.
* Speaker at TED U. in February 2009 and his session posted at www.ted.com surpassed one million hits.
* "Posada is like Tony Robbins, Zig Ziglar and Norman Vincent Peale
all rolled in one ... and he does it in two languages!"--Ray Pelletier
FOR MORE INFORMATION: