If you like dystopian novels, you will enjoy this one. The author did a great job setting up a society ravaged by a deadly strain of flu. The main characters were well developed with strong and likeable personalities. What would you do if society collapsed around you?
This is part three. It continues the saga from Pandemic. The group has made it to California and are now staying at the Miller's farm. They are dealing with the threat of the Emperor gang and defining their new roles and responsibilities.
What I enjoyed:
• The opening scene caught my interest right away.
• The descriptions of locations and emotions were well done, easy to visualize, and to feel. I felt a part of the scenes.
• I was caught up in the story the whole way through.
• The pacing of this story was good. It was not too fast nor too slow.
• There was a lot of action and suspense in this story.
• There were twists and turns to the plot, so it was not predictable.
• The story is told through the main characters: Matt, Jessica, and Derrick.
• This was a clean read.
The story ended in a perfect spot. I am anxiously waiting for the next and last book in the series. I highly recommend this book.