"Holy Ambition" by one of my favorite authors - Chip Ingram - is a great title with anyone who wants to be ambitious for God's glory. Indeed, ambition is not necessarily a bad thing when harnessed by God and used for His glory.
The book is organized into 6 aspects of a holy ambition:
- Dislocated heart
- Broken spirit
- Radical faith
- Strategic plan
- Personal commitment
- Courageous soul
The book is around 225 pages and covers such topics as:
1. God wants to do far more than most of us want to.
2. Few people in the Old and New Testaments finished well.
3. Be careful of becoming desensitized to the suffering going on around you.
4. Vision is the big picture and dreaming and imagining how a problem would be solved if God got involved.
5. Making a personal commitment is more than emotion or trying harder.
6. We will face opposition when we take God's challenge to live a life of holy ambition.
7. God hates pride and loves humility.
8. God wants us to get our cues and clues from Him.
The narrative, like other Ingram titles, is very readable and may be completed in a few sittings.
Read and be encouraged and challenged to have the kind of holy ambition in your life that glorifies and honors God.