Melinda Leigh’s books all seem to follow the same formula:
1. Strong, fierce, independent woman ends up in jeopardy in spite of her strength, fierceness, and independence
2. Strong, handsome man enters the picture
3. The two people have never experienced such attraction to another and fall in love in less than a week
4. The man becomes obsessed with protecting the woman in jeopardy and saves her at the last minute
5. They live happily ever after
I honestly don’t know how the author continues to get these books published or why I have kept reading them. Oh wait, it’s because I bought a bunch at one time at a cheaper price and now feel compelled to read them because I paid for them.
It’s not that she’s a bad writer. She just tells the same story over and over again. There is no originality to her story telling. She also comes across to me as a bit misogynistic with these women in jeopardy books.