I was looking for a replacement for the old loofah. The center of those things never fully dry and all sorts of nasty starts to live there. Plus, their failure mode is spontaneous - the little center string snaps, and instead of a nice looped loofah you just have one long loooof.
This brush here solves both of these problems, as well as others that I didn't know I had.
1. It dries quickly. No moisture for things to grow on.
2. It is all one piece. There are no strings to come apart or get snagged on the shampoo bottle. Furthermore, I anticipate final failure mode will be by erosion rather than spontaneous combustion.
3. Nothing gets caught. I didn't know that I had a problem with hair getting caught up in my loofah until it rinsed right out of this brush. No "leftovers" for later.
4. Clean ALL the things! No seriously... I don't think I have ever cleaned in between my toes so well.
1. Storage. I thought about laying it flat out like a mini piece of astroturf, but I didn't want any remaining water droplets to dry stuck between the bristles. I also didn't want to lay it bristle side down and mash all the bristles. I went with setting it in the soap dish at an angle - but that is subject to change.
2. Only mildly abrasive. For those looking for a really good exfoliator, this isn't for you. I'm happy with it though, I just use one of these scrubbies once a week. Salux Nylon Japanese Beauty Skin Bath Wash Cloth/towel (3) Blue Yellow and Pink
3.Yes, it lathers up well. No, not as nice as a regular loofah.