We are currently making improvements to the Audible site. In an effort to enhance the accessibility experience for our customers, we have created a page to more easily navigate the new experience, available at the web address www.audible.com/access.
Thread Slivers: Golden Threads Trilogy, Book 1 | [Leeland Artra]

Thread Slivers: Golden Threads Trilogy, Book 1

Ticca is a newly-minted Dagger, a young honorable mercenary out to prove her worth in the big city. Her first job seems like a simple one, but it sets her on a path to a destiny bigger than she ever dreamed. The friends she makes along the way may have destinies of their own to fulfill...The three of them are swept into a series of deadly events. Fighting to stay ahead of their adversaries, they stumble into secrets that catapult them towards disaster that even the Gods are not prepared for.
Regular Price:$24.95
  • Membership Details:
    • First book free with 30-day trial
    • $14.95/month thereafter for your choice of 1 new book each month
    • Cancel easily anytime
    • Exchange books you don't like
    • All selected books are yours to keep, even if you cancel
  • - or -

Your Likes make Audible better!

'Likes' are shared on Facebook and Audible.com. We use your 'likes' to improve Audible.com for all our listeners.

You can turn off Audible.com sharing from your Account Details page.

OK

Publisher's Summary

Ticca is a newly-minted Dagger, a young honorable mercenary out to prove her worth in the big city. Her first job seems like a simple one, but it sets her on a path to a destiny bigger than she ever dreamed. The friends she makes along the way may have destinies of their own to fulfill: Lebuin a new Journeyman mage and a fastidious dandy, has just learned to his horror that his new rank involves actual journeying - and dirt! And Ticca is worried about Lebuin's humble servant, Ditani, as she is sure he is more than he seems and might be a spy for Lebuin's nemesis.

The three of them are swept into a series of deadly events. Fighting to stay ahead of their adversaries, they stumble into secrets that catapult them towards disaster that even the Gods are not prepared for.

The complete list of narrators includes Jennifer O'Donnell, Denise Poirier, and Chris Ruen.

©2012 Leeland Artra (P)2014 Leeland Artra

What Members Say

Average Customer Rating

4.2 (18 )
5 star
 (9)
4 star
 (5)
3 star
 (2)
2 star
 (2)
1 star
 (0)
Overall
4.2 (16 )
5 star
 (8)
4 star
 (4)
3 star
 (3)
2 star
 (1)
1 star
 (0)
Story
4.1 (16 )
5 star
 (7)
4 star
 (6)
3 star
 (1)
2 star
 (1)
1 star
 (1)
Performance
Sort by:
  •  
    Sam Poe 05-14-14
    Sam Poe 05-14-14 Member Since 2014
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "How to break immersion..."
    If you could sum up Thread Slivers in three words, what would they be?

Expansive story, characters

What other book might you compare Thread Slivers to and why?

A cross between LOTR and Ender's Game; It has the scope of LOTR but with the inner dialogue of Ender's

What does the narrators bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?

Proper pronunciation of all the unique words and names

If you were to make a film of this book, what would the tag line be?

No dragons were harmed in the making of this fantasy epic.

Any additional comments?

Please, please, please either remove or re-evaluate the use of sound effects in this book [series]. The sounds either completely break immersion or drown out the narrators, which is the entire point of listening. I don't really need to hear a sound bite of a mob every time there is a large fight scene or hear a blade drawn every time the action is mentioned.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful
  •  
    Ricardo N Rubio 05-23-14 Member Since 2014
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "I am left dreaming of whats to come!"
    Would you consider the audio edition of Thread Slivers to be better than the print version?

I did not read the print, but loved the cast of the audio book.

What other book might you compare Thread Slivers to and why?

To me is stands alone. Great story.

Which character – as performed by the narrators – was your favorite?

Tieca

If you were to make a film of this book, what would the tag line be?

Mysterious world of Old Magic and wonder mixed with our would in thousands of years in the future.

Any additional comments?

I really enjoyed this story, the author has laid out a great story in which he can take us anywhere he would like. Strong Characters building and good plot twists have me speechless as to what's next.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful
  •  
    bookblogger 05-04-14
    bookblogger 05-04-14 Member Since 2013
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Strong performances from all involved"
    Would you listen to Thread Slivers again? Why?

As long as book 2 is converted to audio format I'll be listening at least once more as a refresher. I've already read the book twice so it's entirely likely that at some point down the road I will want another listen of this book.

What was one of the most memorable moments of Thread Slivers?

The introduction of Duke is a pretty memorable moment in the story. The part where Ticca escapes for the knife in green is also a great moment.

What does the narrators bring to the story that you wouldn’t experience if you just read the book?

This story has a bit of a sound effect soundtrack to compliment the narration. There are times when that can actually detract a bit, but overall it's adds some nice depth to the normal audio book experience.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?

There are a few parts of this book that are worth a quiet chuckle.

Any additional comments?

Thread Slivers was one of the best independent books that I read in 2013. I was very excited to see an audio version of the book being made available and recommend this to fans of epic fantasy.

3 of 4 people found this review helpful
  •  
    Amazon Customer 05-03-14 Member Since 2008
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "I really enjoyed this Book!"
    Where does Thread Slivers rank among all the audiobooks you’ve listened to so far?

This book ranks very near the top and I do listen to a lot of books.

My favorite parts were of Duke.

What about the narrators’s performance did you like?

All the narrators were great. I enjoyed listening to this book. I read the e-book when it first came out.

Did you have an extreme reaction to this book? Did it make you laugh or cry?

Made me laugh and I found myself smiling often.

Any additional comments?

I read and listen to a great many books but rarely write reviews. This was a fun book and I can't wait till the second one is on audible and the third book is on my kindle.

2 of 3 people found this review helpful
  •  
    Douglas Owen Sound, ON, Canada 06-05-14
    Douglas Owen Sound, ON, Canada 06-05-14 Member Since 2006
    HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Great start but run out of steam"
    What would have made Thread Slivers better?

The character of Duke is an unpleasant creature whom I didn't like spending time with. He detracted from the story and lessened the importance of the two protagonists introduced at the beginning of the story.

Sula's heritage is so overly hinted at that it ruins some of the mystery surrounding her.

More showing of Ticca's past rather then telling of her past.

Would you ever listen to anything by Leeland Artra again?

Probably not. I might give the second book a chance if it's ever on sale.

How could the performance have been better?

Cut out the sound effects. They added little to the performance in my opinion and in some cases were distracting/badly timed.

If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from Thread Slivers?

Anything involving Duke. He seemed like an unnecessary chracter and feels more like an author self-insertion.

Any additional comments?

The premise was enough to get me to spend one of my credits on the book. It started out well but as more and more characters were added the entire flow of the story bogged down.

0 of 0 people found this review helpful
  •  
    Daniel Aylett, VA, United States 05-03-14
    Daniel Aylett, VA, United States 05-03-14 Member Since 2010

I mostly likes me some sword and sorcery, not really in to sifi but theirs a place in my library for anything from John Scalzi.

HELPFUL VOTES
    ratings
    REVIEWS
    FOLLOWERS
    FOLLOWING
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Drop the sound effects!"
    What disappointed you about Thread Slivers?

The background sound effects, they hurt the story more then helped it. It felt more like noises chosen by a child. "Wolf fighting a guy with daggers lets add metal clanging sounds constantly" unless the dog have metal fur I don't see this. It got to the point every fight gave me a mild headache. The music was not much better fading in and out stopping for a few seconds then starting again like some one had to hit the play button again every time the clip ended.

How would you have changed the story to make it more enjoyable?

The story was OK, wasn't good wasn't bad just OK. I don't really like it when the author writs it so you have to do back ground reading in other places if you want to know some of the basic history. This is book one of the trilogy this is the place for some of this set up.

How did the narrator detract from the book?

The narrators where fine. I'd give them a 4star if not for the noises.

If you could play editor, what scene or scenes would you have cut from Thread Slivers?

I'd cut the background noise.

Any additional comments?

This felt more like an attempt at a performance. You don't need content background filler to give a story depth. I'd like to re listen to this book with out sound effects, if that happens it would get a much better rating.

2 of 4 people found this review helpful
  • Showing: 1-6 of 6 results
Sort by:
  • Bruce
    5/3/14
    Overall
    Performance
    Story
    "Sounds in the book"
    Would you try another book written by Leeland Artra or narrated by the narrators?

I have read the first and second book of this series and listened to the first.

The fact when reading i pronounced some names wrong, now just doesnt sound right haha

Which character – as performed by the narrators – was your favourite?

i dont choose favourites...

If this book were a film would you go see it?

I would but it better be as good as the book

Any additional comments?

The music in the book at first i didnt like it, but then as i noticed it stopped soon after starting it was okay, but the little sound effects every now and again, could use with being dropped.

0 of 0 people found this review helpful
  • Showing: 1-1 of 1 results

There are no listener reviews for this title yet.

Report Inappropriate Content

If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.

Cancel

Thank You

Your report has been received. It will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.