Follow the amazing Mr. Tinker, an inventor who, while working for Nikola Tesla, discovers time travel. After nine of his time traveling devices, called chronoboxes, are stolen by criminal scientists, he must travel through time to retrieve the boxes and safeguard the future. With the help of his young assistant Jovan, both will risk their lives in this exciting time travel novel.
©2015 Paul Ibbetson (P)2015 Paul Ibbetson
Scifi, mystery, thrillers - all welcome here.
Summary: Mr. Tinker, in of Nicola Tesla's associates, works with a young assistant named Jovan to try and recover 9 missing timetravel devices.
- Full of imagination.
- This book is really more of a novella. It doesn't really have an ending either. It's more of a part 1 of 3 or 4. As a big fan of closure, that's disappointing. That said, the story that is here is interesting.
- Jovan's an orphan who's taken in as an apprentice to this brilliant professor. In 59 pages, there isn't a lot of time to develop their characters, but a lot happens. They meet up with Hitler, visit Woodstock, and much more.
- The tiger and little aliens are interesting side characters.
- Time travel books can be exciting because there's no way to predict what's to come.
- Content warnings: There are a few curse words near the end, ~ last half hr. Their trip to Woodstock leaves them with some striking images burned on their brains.
Conclusion: Neat intro to an intriguing series but lacks the closure that would have made it a great story.
Report Inappropriate Content