A scholar specializing in ancient manuscripts, Grace St. John never imagined that a cache of old documents she discovered was the missing link to a lost Celtic treasure. But as soon as she deciphers the legend of the Knights of the Templar - long fabled to hold the key to unlimited power - Grace becomes the target of a ruthless killer bent on abusing the coveted force.
Determined to stop him, Grace needs the help of a warrior bound by duty to uphold the Templar's secret for all eternity. But to find him - and to save herself - she must go back in time...to 14th-century Scotland...and to Black Niall, a fierce man of dark fury and raw, unbridled desire.
©1997 Linda Howard; (P)2009 Brilliance Audio, Inc.
OMGosh! How stupid can one woman be??? But first, know that this book was 95 percent repeated ramblings of the heroine's inner thoughts. It became teeth-grinding to get through most of it as boring doesn't come close to describing it. The other 5 percent mainly takes place at the end and is very, very rushed. I CANNOT BELIEVE this was written by the same author who wrote HEART OF FIRE and AFTER THE NIGHT--both very enjoyable and well spaced tales.
The story is really good. However, the person reading was ruining it for me. She would pitch her voice all the time making it sound like elementary school reading, almost a sing-song. I don't know but somebody with a little more acting ability should have been picked, at least so listeners could identify characters by changes in voice depth and speech pattern. She made everybody sound the same, be it Grace or Parish on Niall. It seems that all three had the same thought patterns and used the same pitch and cadence of voice. I was thoroughly disappointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.