In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington. Tate as vital as the air he breathes…and now he can't live without her.
Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, Brooke is torn away from the ringside. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls Mine.
©2013 Katy Evans (P)2013 Simon & Schuster
Highly impressed how the Author picked right up where she left off in book 1. I usually don't care for series because they tend to drag on to make more money to the next series. This book kept me going to the end!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful story. It's deep and emotional. I cried, laughed, cringed, and smiled throughout the story. I was always exhibiting some kind of physical emotion while listening. Brook and Remi are one of my favorite book couples. This should be on the big screen.
The depth of their love is tangible. I also appreciate how mental illness was discussed and dealt with in this story. I really have a whole new perspective to this condition.
Many people struggle and suffer with mental illness on various levels throughout their lives. They simply need their families and society to help and support them, and more importantly accept them for who they are. They need them to recognize the best in them and help them reach their full potential.
Thank you for such a heartfelt novel.
Katy Evans is an incredibly talented writer and Charlotte Penfield is a great narrator. She performed each character exactly how I would have imagined them.
Great job! I can wait to begin the next book in the series. I am hooked!
Love this series and this book was good, but Brook was so annoying in this book!! OK we get it Brook - you used to be an athlete! I didn't like how Brook was so clinging and whining!!
Love Remy and he was the only reason I gave this book 4 stars.
I really couldn't wait for it to end. I don't think the characters should have been portrayed quite so dumb.
I am on chapter 10 and there's still no story going on. the book is still talking about how much Brooke Loves Remy. How horny she gets when he's with her. It is still on how she professes her love for him. I get it, Remy is irresistible. I would do and feel the same if I was her. BUT get on with the story already. I skipped a chapter and feel like I really did not missed much.
I love that this book picks up basically where the first one left off.
I still love Remy, but Brooke kind of got on my nerves after a while. I feel like all the characters grew except Brooke and Nora... You can't be pissed about something when you left, it's not cheating when your not together.
There were a few twists and turns, but I feel like there could have been more when it came to scorpion. Seems like there was this huge build up and then nothing, he just disappears from the story until the very end. We spend a good portion of it focused on the pregnancy, and maybe that is why I didn't love this book. I don't have kids, I don't want kids, and I surely don't want to read about the process.
Not sure if I'll be continuing with the series, while I really do love the characters and the story I am just not a fan of family stories. For me it takes away from the fantasy and makes it less interesting.
I love all genres of books. However, when I listen to audio books as I clean, garden, drive they are better with a lot of heat!
Most people loved this book and the series but I just could not connect.
I really wanted to like this book. I really did. But I should have known as I did not like the first Real very much. But I made the mistake of buying both so I decided to listen. This one was worse..
Here's what I did not like:
1. This time Brooke was whiney, stupid horny and jealous. I do not find these to be endearing qualities in a character and wanted to smack her after a few chapters. What happened to the girl in the first book? It is not the same character at all.
2. There was little depth to Remy. He didn't say much at all. He also seemed a little caveman like this time. No one is allowed to hug Brooke? Uh, that is unattractive and psycho.
3. Recycled story. Nothing interesting happened. Same bad guy. Same stupid sister Nora. Boring. I kept thinking things would happen, especially with the whole "gift" part. Then, nothing. Then, nothing. Then, still.....nothing.
4. Too many sex scenes. (What?!) Yes, too many. It got repetitive and boring after a while and I ended up skimming through the last few of them. Sadly, a lot of people think that makes a good story. To me, it does not. I guess I have higher standards and require an actual interesting plot or a build up to these kind of scenes. To me, it was pointless and made the book silly. There was no sincerity in them. Just porno cheese.
5. Repetition of words used. For example "proprietary" was used way too many times and I just had to roll my eyes. Too much of Brooke explaining how hot Remy is. Over and over. Lame. Yes, we get it, he is hot. It made her sound shallow and annoying.
It just seems to me like the author tried a lot harder with the first book and this one seemed forced. I don't think I will be reading her next ones. I am embarrassed that I actually read this and will not recommend to anyone as I usually talk about all the books I read to friends. This was just BAD..
Charlotte Penfield was good with the delivery of the story.
Report Inappropriate Content