Meet Vinh Murphy, part African American, part Vietnamese, with just enough Irish thrown in to make things confusing for anyone looking for a guy named Murphy.
Since an assignment in which his wife, Angelina, was fatally shot, Murphy has been unemployed, battling booze and blackouts, and bumming it from shelter to shelter. He eventually reaches out to Hannah Whitfield, an old friend and his saving grace.
Meanwhile, the FBI is looking for a guy named Murphy in connection with the murder of Tim Ebersole, a Neo-Nazi leader whose group - the Freedom Network - may be connected to Angelina's death.
As Murphy fights for his freedom and for his will to live, Hannah fights for justice, and for the man she loves.
Looking for trouble? Listen to another romantic thriller in the Troubleshooters series.
©2008 Suzanne Brockmann; (P)2008 Brilliance Audio, Inc.
Brockman's books just keep getting better! It is nice to read a series and get to know everyone. I was thrilled while listening to this story. In the future I am going to buy the audible first.
This isn't really all that interesting as a suspense novel, although I suppose it's good as a romance. The writing is good, and much of the character development is above par. The pacing, however, is great, which makes up for an average plot. The ending is far too neat and tidy, and it feels like a set up for her next book.
What I especially liked was the reading. While the narrators sometimes switch at odd moments, they're both excellent and kept the story interesting.
some of her other stories were excellent but this one stinks. too long to get into it, must have added words to get large book.
My name is Irene and I'm a lifelong bookaholic. A few years ago, I started adding audiobooks and I'm so happy I joined Audible in 2015 :-))
Suspense, Romantic Interest, Great Characters, Great Storyline: this book has it all. Another great installment in Brockmann's Troubleshooters series. Well worth the purchase price. I appreciate the continuity of Lawlor's narration. Raudman's throws me a little because I'm used to hearing it in the context of the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews.
the summary of this seemed interesting. but if you are not a teenaged boy high on hormones you might find the action drivel. The characters are all thinking about or engaging in sex all the time. the actual story is interesting enough even though it relies heavily on last minute saves. strangely it seems like a boys wet dream crossed with a bodice ripper with some action thrown in.
While the story had potential to capture and maintain my attention, I found it challenging to finish. There was a disconnect between the performances and the story.
Suzanne Brockman does it again! I can not tell you how much I love this author. She is quite talented at writing books, great books.
No spoilers! Love HOT, sexy books w/a plot. No vampires, paranormal, teens 4 me. I also review in exchange for books-lots of fun surprises!
This book (Part of a Great Series) seemed a bit scattered to me. I enjoy Brockman's gift of telling several stories that eventually come together, however there may have been too much of that in this book-maybe it was only me.
Uhhh, screaming, naked man running through a burning building!
I loved that Brockman brought Murphy back and walked us through his Hell of dealing with losing his wife and trying to recover from it.
These two are fantastic! I listened to the last book first (by accident) but the portrayals by Lawlor & Raudman got me hooked and buying the entire series-some of the earlier narrators were a letdown after hearing these two.
It has one and I recommend reading them in order because Dark of Night REALLY helped in my confusion toward the end of this book.
Strong language and sexual situations. This is not a jammed pack action adventure- it is a romance with some of those elements.
I have now read 75% of Suzanne Brockman's books and I have loved (not liked) every one of them. I recently had surgery and was off for awhile. I could not do much but I did do a lot of reading(audiobooks). I can't wait to get through the other 25% of her books. Thanks for such fun, sexy books.
Report Inappropriate Content