Cade has always taken risks....
Cade takes cares of his sick younger sister by doing what he does best - cage fighting and starring in adult movies, his newest harebrained moneymaking scheme designed to pay for his sister's growing medical bills. But when his latest gig finds him admitted to the ER sporting an erection from hell, thanks to the little pill given to him by the director, he can't get the pretty little nurse who treated him out of his head, even though he knows she's so far out of his league it should be illegal.
Alexa has always played it safe....
Tired of being pigeonholed as the sweet, innocent one, hardworking nursing student Alexa has been looking for ways to break out of her goody-two-shoes image. When her friend suggests the outlandish idea of losing her virginity to the sexy and sure-to-be-skilled porn star, Alexa is mortified. But then when Cade refuses her proposition, she finds herself pissed off and embarrassed. When she tracks him down to give him a piece of her mind, she isn't prepared for what she finds. Watching him care for his little sister tugs at her heart, and suddenly it's no longer just about losing her virginity, but about helping Cade. Because Lord help her, she might just be falling for a porn star....
©2013 Kendall Ryan (P)2013 Tantor
I'm proud to be a bookaholic...addicted, obsessed, passionate!!! My favorite way to relax & escape reality....
A good quick read. Caden is not your typical guy you want to fall in love with, Alexa knows this but still she can't stop being attracted to this guy when she first saw him in the ER while working the night shift. Caden is a newly hot porn star, construction worker, MMF fighter, a guy who also has the responsibility of take care of a sister who has Spina Bifida. A huge responsibility that Caden needs fast money, and being a porn star is better than fighting people to have money. On the other hand, Alexa is a hardworking student nurse, born in a wealthy family, and most of all a virgin. These two know they should not get involved with each other but they can't just ignore the attraction.Once Alexa saw Caden's sister Lily, she can't stop loving the girl, at the same time falling in love with Caden. Never judge a book by its cover! Alexa can't ignore that she wants Caden and even ignores the whole porn star thing. One thing led to another, Alexa spent so much time with Lily & Caden that they were used to seeing her all the time. But then Caden felt that it's not right for Alexa to be with them when it's entirely obvious she do not belong in their world and deserves to be with someone rich and someone made for her. But after Alexa experienced her first time, knowing Caden will have to film and be with other girl, was too much for Alexa to handle and that messed up things between them. These two have a lot to work through in order to have a happy relationship. Cade and Alexa have great chemistry from beginning to end. The sex scenes were yummy!!! The ending was good but I wanted to see a bit more of what the future holds. I look forward to reading more of Kendall’s books!
Probably not, sorry.
* Personality of Alexa drove me up the wall
* I don't like stories that belittle the best friend's life choices (and the voice performance for the best friend made me think I'd dropped into a horror novel momentarily...wtf was that?) -fyi- looking down on your best friend doesn't make me think highly of you.
* The entire romance was disjointed and made me have too many 'ugh' moments. I'm sorry, but a) if your nurse tells her friends about your medical condition - that speaks to her lack of integrity b) she is not innocent - she's immature - big difference. c) she shows up at his apartment and leads the babysitter to believe that she's a friend and then has 'mummy' time with Lily - and he gets home and the random woman he said he'd f*** was looking after his little sister - stalker weirdo much. d) Doing a porno the day after they had sex - oh dear fucking lord - are you kidding me right now? e) Oh, you quit the porn industry - yay! Let's live happily ever after - UGGH!!!
* Treatment of perfectly acceptable guy just because his family was at the opera - jesus - get over yourself lady/young girl - couldn't work out which you were trying to be.
* There were so many moments where I thought - I hope girls don't actually think like this. So easily swayed from integrity for acceptance. FYI - 'my body betrayed me' is a stupid line that has been so overdone to the point now that I guy could go sleep with someone else and you morally know he's a dick for doing it - but your body just can't help itself. UGH! GAG ME!
Oh holy cow - Alexandria Wilde's version of Alexa's best friend - that took me to hell and back (overly exaggerated example - but as it was a nightmare of a voice - I thought it was an appropriate metaphor)
Nursing knowledge and inclusion of real life conditions - like Lily. That was unfortunately the only realistic thing about the story. Although Alexa's insertion of herself, and subsequent submission of herself from Lily's life just added to the narcissistic bitch of a character she is.
Kendall Ryan's writing wasn't really something to fault, if you exclude what she was writing about. This book turned me off wanting to read anything else she's written, but if the characters in her other books aren't as...unappealing...as the ones in this book were, I'm sure they might be good.
I've always been a avid reader so now I'm a avid listener. I prefer the paranormal genre but I do like to switch things up. It's boring if you don't have variety. Of course I do love the romance and the hotter the better. Also, you can't beat a good thriller filled with suspense and a ending you can't even guess at until the very end.
Just to be blunt it could of been a good sexy story but it wasn't. It's just a story that blends in like many others. I thought maybe this would be interesting but no I just wasted my credit.
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
Report Inappropriate Content