Faith Ansell could never be mistaken for an action hero. The scientist is content in her lab, working with her team on life-changing discoveries. But when a mysterious organization captures her colleagues, she's forced to flee for her life with SEAL Team 7.
Lieutenant Seth "Rawls" Rawlings, ST7's corpsman, hasn't been himself since a near-death experience in the Sierra Nevadas. He's tense and distracted, and the team caught him arguing with himself - loudly. Despite his erratic behavior, Rawls is the only one Faith feels comfortable confiding her life-threatening secret in.
But Rawls has a secret of his own: his wasn't the only spirit to return to the physical plane when he was resuscitated. At first, Rawls assumed the "ghost" he saw and heard meant he was having a complete mental breakdown. But the apparition soon becomes convincingly real, and what's more, he may be the key to the conspiracy looming over them. Rawls had better act quickly because ST7's race to save their reputations - and Faith's life - is on.
©2016 Trish McCallan (P)2016 Brilliance Audio, all rights reserved.
Everything was over described in this story especially the character's thoughts and feelings. The action sequences were few and far between. It was hard to get through it.
Enjoyed it over all, but frustrated with plot holes and nonsense decisions that seemed out of character and didn't advance the book in any way.
As with the other books, in this series, this is a sweet, relaxing story. There is action, as any good Seal romance should have but, there isn't any angst, disappointment or heartache. As a result, this book isn't the type to stir serious emotions, in the reader/listener. I didn't shed a single tear. I did chuckle from time to time, however. Another reviewer may find these traits something to criticize but sometimes this is the exact kind of story a person needs to experience. You know, like hitting the "easy" button, for a change.
-V from Kansas
The stories and characters in these books hold your interest from the beginning. The narrator is very good making the books even better. I am retired and walking and listening to audio books has kept me moving, thanks to authors like Trish McCallum.
Good audio book just waiting for next one now because the story has been left unfinished
"How long til the next in this series?"
I have only a few points to make.
1) I skipped a night's sleep to finish this book.
2) Luke Daniels is at his best with this narration. His depiction of Mac is beyond fantastic, not to mention hilarious. Just as his portrayal of Pacheco, Manheim and his weirdo wife is beyond sinister.
3) The plot is so good in this book that the romance element is the only bit that gives you a breather. Trust me, you need the breather... although... sometimes I wanted to skip the 'love' bits just to get to what happens next.
4) How soon is the next book coming out? Will it be the final Forged book? Please say yes because as much as I love this series, I just can't take the suspense. I need these villains wrapped up in a bow and hung out to dry because they're just too evil. Sheesh!
5) When is the next book coming out? Oh I asked that already, didn't I? See what I mean! The darn thing is addictive.
"Why can I not find book 4 Forged in Embers?"
I loved books 1,2,& 3 and can't wait to get into book 4 Forged in Embers.
Report Inappropriate Content