The perfect life....
A successful lawyer and loving mother, Nina Bloom would do anything to protect the life she's built in New York - including lying to everyone, even her daughter, about her past. But when an innocent man is framed for murder, she knows that she can't let him pay for the real killer's crimes.
The perfect lie....
Nina's secret life began 18 years ago. She had looks to die for, a handsome police-officer husband, and a carefree life in Key West. When she learned she was pregnant with their first child, her happiness was almost overwhelming. But Nina's world is shattered when she unearths a terrible secret that causes her to run for her life and change her identity.
The perfect way to die....
Now, years later, Nina risks everything she's earned to return to Florida and confront the murderous evil she fled. In a story of wrenching suspense, James Patterson gives us his most head-spinning, action-filled story yet - a Hitchcock-like blend of unquenchable drama and pleasure.
©2011 James Patterson (P)2011 Hachette
This book is C writing at best with a C- reader and then the thought adding some crappy music to it would help. Well it doesn't. I'm not half through this painful book and doubt I ever make it to the end.
1) The writer uses and then over uses descriptive words. Three or more per sentence. You wonder when it will end but it doesn't.
2) The writing is just poor in some areas. Mostly when they try to set up a new seen the transition is very awkward.
3) The reader does ok when she reads the main character but when she tries another voice it is way off and takes from the story.
4) When the story is supposed to be suspenseful they added orchestra music that doesn’t match the scene. Just weird!
5) Like I said - I'm not half through yet but I am on chapter 46. Chapters begin and end mid subject with most chapter only a page or two long.
I do not recommend this one.
My reivew title says it all. What better compliment could a suspense author want? Great development of characters, each very colorful, and the intrigue was artfully woven. Each time I anticipated the book was about to come to an end, there would be another twist and the novel would continue on. Well done!
I liked this story very much. It kept me listening because it was fast paced. I thought the narrator was good but really a bit too light sounding for this story, although, I still really did enjoyed it. I really like all the Patterson and Ledwidge collaborations.
I enjoy a good thriller but this is too over the top. Next time, I hope Patterson eliminates at least one catastrophe!
The story for this book started off very weird but ended up having a cool twist to the ending. I wasn't completely immersed into the story until about halfway into it. So you may not like the book as you start off but give it a chance. It definitely takes a turn that you don't expect at the end. Overall a good buy in my opinion
Report Inappropriate Content