Suzanne Brockmann's seamless blend of heroic military action and intense passion inspired USA Today to call her "a superstar of romantic suspense" - and for years her award-winning Troubleshooters audiobooks have been must-listens for fans of sizzling stories of action and adventure. Now the New York Times best-selling author shoots to thrill again with Do or Die, an electrifying new audiobooks that is certain to win Brockmann new listeners and delight devotees.
Navy SEAL Ian Dunn went rogue in a big way when he turned his talents to a lawless life of jewel heists and con jobs - or so the world has been led to believe. In reality, the former Special Ops warrior is still fighting for good, leading a small band of freelance covert operatives who take care of high-stakes business in highly unofficial ways. That makes Ian the hands-down choice when the US government must breach a heavily guarded embassy and rescue a pair of children kidnapped by their own father, a sinister foreign national willing to turn his kids into casualties. Shockingly, Ian passes on the mission for reasons he will not - or cannot - reveal.
But saying no is not an option - especially not for Phoebe Kruger, Ian's beautiful and unexpectedly brash new attorney. Determined to see the abducted children set free, Phoebe not only gets Ian on board but insists on riding shotgun on his Mission: Impossible - style operation, whether he likes it or not.
Though Phoebe has a valuable knack for getting out of tight spots, there's no denying the intensely intimate feelings growing between Ian and Phoebe as the team gears up for combat. But these are feelings they both must fight to control as they face an array of cold-blooded adversaries, including a vindictive Mob boss who's got Ian at the top of his hit list and a wealthy psychopath who loves murder as much as he loves money. As they dodge death squads and play lethal games of deception, Ian and Phoebe will do whatever it takes to save the innocent and vanquish the guilty - or die trying.
©2014 Suzanne Brockmann (P)2014 Blackstone Audiobooks
"Do or Die will captivate readers with its intense, action-filled plot, alpha-and-a-half hero, and his smart, perfect-for-him heroine, as well as secondary characters who contribute pathos and humor." (Kirkus Reviews)
"Brockmann leaves the reader breathless.... The sex is great, the action nonstop; and the dialogue between Ian and Phoebe is some of Rita Award–winning Brockmann’s best." (Booklist)
Suzanne Brockmann is off to a great start to her new "Do or Die" series with Reluctant Hero. A mob family, foreign terrorist, the FBI, covert ops, a gay couple with a baby, a lawyer, plan A, plan B, goat f**ks and ex-Navy Seal Ian Dunn.
A pull you in romantic suspense that is not too heavy on the testosterone. Fantastic narration.
I really liked the humor....loved the new characters....loved the narrators....looking forward to the next installment....This is a little more intrigue but worth the purchase!
There is nothing fresh and new in this book. I didn't really care for any of the characters. Repeat story line from her troubleshooters books ( and not as well done) Narrators are the only good thing about this book.
Born to read
I enjoyed this story -- it had a lot of build up -- introducing all the characters --
I think her new series is going to be good. The main girl could have had a lot more backbone but in the end she did. the hero needed to let people help him and in the end he did
I will look forward to seeing how the other people find their way to love and happiness
Congratulations to Suzanne Brockmann--DO OR DIE rocked ALL FIVE stars.
TOP REASONS WHY IT EARNED A FIVE STAR REVIEW FROM ME:
* Patrick Lawlor and Melanie Ewbank are extraordinariliy good matches to Brockmann's writing. Their performance is always 3-D and truly extraordinary-- this book was no exception to that rule.
Amazing, 3-D characterizations that remained true to themselves.
* Tightly interwoven, multiple plot lines and multiple point-of-view characters--and it was easy to follow, and WORKED.
* Beautiful balance of suspense, romance, thriller elements, military aspects.
* Pacing in this action-packed book was ideal....quiet, introspective, share-my-background-with-you-because-I'm-falling-in-love-with-you scenes were offset by action scenes that rocked.
* It was fun to see beloved secondary characters (like Yoshi, Martell Griffin, and Jules Cassidy--even if he was only mentioned in passing).
* Dialogue and tags written like the consummate professional Brockmann is.
* Plot twists and turns that kept me guessing. While events were beautifully foreshadowed, events didn't go as planned, didn't unravel the way I'd anticipated--I liked that!
* Ultra-rewarding comeuppance for the bad guys.
* Hard-won happy endings....and the sense of an optimistic-next-step for the romances. Without an unrealistic "let's get married--right now" kind of wrap-up, I had the complete confidence the romantic couples will be just fine in the future. That's all I need!
* This book is a superb opening to a new series (Reluctant Heroes)...and WOW...did Ian Dunn's story illustrate what a reluctant hero he is!
* For me, this book delivered 100% on its promise...from the book description/blurb, from my past experience devouring ALL of Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series (and even older works). Brockmann just keeps getting better and better.
* Characters face serious conflict, and they triumph by hard work, teamwork, trial and error....and EARNED the solutions.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to fans of Suzanne Brockmann, fans of military romantic suspense, thrillers, romantic suspense....virtually anyone who loves an excellent book.
reviewed wrong book for one more day
I really like the diverse characters in this book and it caters for a lot of different tastes. For the majority of the book I was think the same thing as Ian's brother, "Just kiss already" But when they finally did it only got better.
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
Report Inappropriate Content