Best-selling author Brad Taylor draws upon his own experiences as a Delta Force commander for his exciting series starring elite Taskforce operative Pike Logan. In All Necessary Force, Logan and his partner Jennifer Cahill are trailing two terrorist organizations from Asia to Egypt when a deadly threat arrives in the U.S.
©2012 Brad Taylor (P)2012 Recorded Books, LLC
“An intense and intriguing character, Logan is definitely an action hero to watch.” (Booklist)
Techno-Thrillers, Jack Reacher, Mitch Rapp fan!
I liked the story and the characters but the editing made it hard to fully enjoy. I prefer audiobooks in which the chapters have a long pause at the end, as this book has. But, this was the first book I have ever listened to that made it very clear where the reader stopped for a break or the day and resumed and where re-takes were made and edited in. Both the volume and tone of the reader would change abruptly and annoyingly for either, OFTEN.
I wanted to strangle Jennifer. Some of her reactions, given the situation and line of work, is completely off the mark. She trains for a year as an operative, and gets upset when too much violence is used on a terrorist? Seriously . . . While there are rules and ways to do things, she is just too emotional.
Ted Bell and Alex Hawk
No - The original duo was much better.
The story is very unusual. The bad guys accomplich 80% of their objectives. I guess you can say the hero saved the the US from the other 20%, but so what. Not a very satisfying story.
It began to get old when the hero always had to be right. He suggested that people who stuck to their beliefs, like he did, had to be wrong for doing so.
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
Report Inappropriate Content