Also, listen to great related books, magazines, and lectures available right now from audible.com®:
Darwin on Trial
The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial
Scientific American Special Edition: Evolution
What's The Matter With Kansas?: A Lecture
Thank you, Audible, for allowing people to listen to this event. I think regardless of which side of the argument you may be on, I think we can all agree that we owe our gratitude to audible for making this content available.
OK, the first day was interesting both to hear the intellectual & scientific arguments, bankrupt arguments, put forth in their best possible light. And it was interesting to hear the utterly biased comments of the Kansas educational commission members, promoting their "religion-in-the-schools" view while at the same time vigorously protesting their secular orientation. But to hear a second day of it was a drag. Depressing. I couldn't even go on to the third day, which I also downloaded. I still would recommend, very highly, the audio transcript of the first day. But don't bother listening further unless you are already a partisan of the creationist view, and want to hear the arguments in their full glory.
I found thise audio extremely interesting and informative. The minority report makes many excellent points supported by professional scientists with impecable credentials.
The key points that I heard were:
1) Definition of "Evolution " is disgustingly vague and confusing
- "Evolution" can mean change over time (Micro Evolution) or the origins of all living things (Macro evolution).
2) The scientific evidence supporting Macro Evolution is very poor.
- Much scientfic evidence contradicts Macro evolution
3) Some people are pushing phylisophy/religion in the science classroom.
- Since the evidence for Macro evolution is weak; clever linguistic tricks are used to confuse the issue propogate a the Evolutionary fantasy as a scientific "fact".
The expert witnesses state very forcefully by their testimony that "THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES ON" - Darwinian/Macro evolution is not supported by the scientific method. The fact cross examination did not diminish their position is highly significant
Being a teacher myself I had a great interest in this topic. I would recommend this audio to anyone. The fact that it is free makes it absurdly good.
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
Report Inappropriate Content