Also, listen to great related books, magazines, and lectures available right now from audible.com®:
Darwin on Trial
The Great Tennessee Monkey Trial
Scientific American Special Edition: Evolution
What's The Matter With Kansas?: A Lecture
Thank you, Audible, for allowing people to listen to this event. I think regardless of which side of the argument you may be on, I think we can all agree that we owe our gratitude to audible for making this content available.
OK, the first day was interesting both to hear the intellectual & scientific arguments, bankrupt arguments, put forth in their best possible light. And it was interesting to hear the utterly biased comments of the Kansas educational commission members, promoting their "religion-in-the-schools" view while at the same time vigorously protesting their secular orientation. But to hear a second day of it was a drag. Depressing. I couldn't even go on to the third day, which I also downloaded. I still would recommend, very highly, the audio transcript of the first day. But don't bother listening further unless you are already a partisan of the creationist view, and want to hear the arguments in their full glory.
I found thise audio extremely interesting and informative. The minority report makes many excellent points supported by professional scientists with impecable credentials.
The key points that I heard were:
1) Definition of "Evolution " is disgustingly vague and confusing
- "Evolution" can mean change over time (Micro Evolution) or the origins of all living things (Macro evolution).
2) The scientific evidence supporting Macro Evolution is very poor.
- Much scientfic evidence contradicts Macro evolution
3) Some people are pushing phylisophy/religion in the science classroom.
- Since the evidence for Macro evolution is weak; clever linguistic tricks are used to confuse the issue propogate a the Evolutionary fantasy as a scientific "fact".
The expert witnesses state very forcefully by their testimony that "THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHES ON" - Darwinian/Macro evolution is not supported by the scientific method. The fact cross examination did not diminish their position is highly significant
Being a teacher myself I had a great interest in this topic. I would recommend this audio to anyone. The fact that it is free makes it absurdly good.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.