Listen "live" to one of the most iconic orators of all time in this packed-full collection of Martin Luther King Jr. speeches. King's rich and passionate style of delivery will transport you back to the era of the civil-rights movement, when King advocated non-violent resistance in the pursuit of equality and dignity, not only for blacks but for all mankind. Seldom has any leader since inspired and captivated an audience worldwide and motivated a nation to action.
Although tragically assassinated at a young age, the words and wisdom of Martin Luther King Jr. live on through his acclaimed and mesmerizing speeches, such as "I Have a Dream". "The Mountaintop", "Letter from Birmingham Jail", "March on Washington", and many, many more, including:
1. Speeches are repeated, probably more than once. Certainly there are repetitive refrains and phrases from one speech to another, but to replay the same speech?
2. The speeches are seeming in a random order, some from late in his life and work are early and others from much earlier appear much later.
3. Quality control is poor, I believe this was digitized from something like a CD as there are parts when it sounds like a CD skipping.
4. Nothing to introduce the speech, and to set the time, or give any context.
1. For many of the speeches, the audio quality is quite good.
2. There are few speakers as engaging as MLK Jr.
3. The repetition is at least some of the more memorable speeches. I know them better.
Do feel like this was thrown together with little care for quality or understanding. Feels like profiting from the name of MLK, and not a real tribute to the man.
I'll try another collection.
This doesn't seem to be a very well thought out collection of this great mans work or legacy. Audio could be greatly restored using even basic audio technology. Context and timeframe for given speeches is missing depriving the listener from valuable learning.
Yes there is important content here like the rally at Central Park following Kings assassination. Overall listeners would do better to keep searching.
What a tremendous experience to get to hear the sonorous voice of Dr. King! Although it would be wonderful to have the audio sound as if it was a live presentation from 2012, it is ridiculous to rate the collection of speeches based solely on the sound quality (as one reviewer did). Yes, I had to backtrack 30 seconds from time to time because the sound quality made it difficult for me to hear a word, but that was an inconsequential inconvenience compared to the priviledge of hearing Dr. King's speeches.
It would have been great if each speech could have been labeled better, but that too is not of importance compared to the honor of being able to listen to and learn from one of the greatest minds of all time. Thank you, Audible, for making this book available!
Educational and inspirational!
Hearing some of the social issues Dr. King spoke of still exist today.
Hearing the emotions of the speaker.
The entire book was moving.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.