Nutrition is essential to living a healthy, happy, and successful life. Yet a world of misconceptions and promises of easy results too often stands in our way - and can even be harmful to our overall health.
The key is to cut through the noise and find the medically backed, statistically proven information about healthy eating and living. These 36 in-depth lectures explore the fundamentals of good nutrition and offer a practical guide for applying these fundamentals to your lifestyle. The power of nutrition lies not just in grasping the concepts behind it, but also in applying those concepts to daily living. This means learning where to find authoritative nutrition information, mastering the science behind nutrients and the body, recognizing what your personal daily requirements of each nutrient should be, building a distinct exercise regimen, and more.
A dietitian and award-winning lecturer, Professor Anding gives you a wealth of invaluable tips you can easily apply to your own eating habits. You'll learn how to calculate your own dietary needs, how to create your own nutrition and exercise plans, how to recognize when a product or service is really a health fraud, and more.
Crafted with the needs of individual people in mind, this course is both a fascinating learning experience and the perfect investment in your personal health - one that will educate you, motivate you, and reward you for the rest of your life.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio.
©2009 The Teaching Company, LLC (P)2009 The Great Courses
I learned a ton. The vitamins and mineral discussions were to detailed for me right now, but the micronutrient portions really cut through a lot of confusion for me that I had found on the, ahem... Internet.
Author/narrator gives a repetitious, rambling presentation, lacking in concise elucidation of the subject matter, unlike the articulate and information-packed lectures of Prof Satterfield on Mind and Body
I returned this book shortly after purchasing I learned that there are references to outside material not provided in the download I wish I had known this before purchasing so I could have saved time
I learned a lot, very instructive and interesting I will recommend it to my friends
If you want to educate yourself on a healthy you, this is awesome. The material is precise, but more important her delivery to you is smooth and inviting. What more do you want in an audio book.
Not using outdated flawed science
I am so unbelievably disappointed by this book! I generally love the Great Courses lectures but I am just shocked that she is actually preaching such outdated info. She actually suggested eating margarine?! And she says that we should go to our doctor's with our nutritional needs...our doctors?!?! 75% of which never receive a single nutrition class. The other 25% receive on average one single class!! I am literally angry. Maybe the book gets better but after hearing these two things in the first few minutes I'm just done.
Yes, and i did. Listened to it 2 times and probably gonna refresh my knowledge again. This book gives you a complete view on how nutrition works and enables you to understand how nutrition works. After this book i have successfully modified my diet and improved my overall health.
oh i hated some of the language she used. because its so oldschool "seperate the nuts from the berries" etc. but thats just a personal preferance :)
Nutrition made easy.
Recomend this to anyone struggling to choose a diet and wanting to loose weight.
Report Inappropriate Content