Audie Award Finalist, Personal Development, 2014
America's Angriest Trainer, Vinnie Tortorich, exposes the nasty underbelly of the fitness industry while getting you into the best shape of your life. For over 20 years, Vinnie has been Hollywood's go-to guy for celebrities and athletes looking to get fit fast. Now, in this hilarious and often R-rated memoir, he holds nothing back. What's the best piece of fitness equipment money can buy? What's the fastest way to lose weight: diet or exercise? Why are health clubs worse than used car lots? In Fitness Confidential, Vinnie tells all. So get ready to get fit, get inspired and get the dirt with Hollywood's most outrageous personal trainer!
©2013 Vinnie Tortorich and Dean Lorey (P)2013 Vinnie Tortorich and Dean Lorey
I burned through this in under 24 hours! I'd been struggling to make gains recently which can be un-motivating. I have a new plan of attack and a renewed confidence to keep pushing the right way! Thank you for being so honest and open. I'll be tuning into the podcast and look forward to the saying good bye to the pounds I was struggling to lose.
Lover of life and lover of books! I read/listen to a wide range (many) but my favorite non fiction are self-help and autobiographies.
If I could give a 'half' star, I would rate it overall at 3.5.
1. I give him credit for what he has accomplished in life. How he, like many of us, overcame classmates and teachers who bullied as part of their 'normal' life.
2. I give him credit for building a network of friends and clients to help and support during his bout with a disease
3. If I wanted to share this with youth, I couldn't for all of the sex references, "F" bombs and other statements.
4. Health advice? The food he recommends is unreal! Obviously, he went a different route than other ultra athletes like Rich Roll - which I recommend reading.
5. Were his rants funny and did they add to the story? Yes, some of them and others had no value to the 'story'.
6. Will I read anything else he writes? I doubt it.
7. Did he add value to the book by reading it? Yes! I doubt anyone else could have expressed his thoughts and passion (which he is filled with!) in the same manner.
Again, I give him credit for his passion and success in how he pursued 'fitness'. However, as a 'health nut' for 42 years, fitness and health are two different stories. Am I glad I 'read' / listened to the book? Yes, because I am always thrilled to hear of success stories.
There was a of info that I already knew but the stuff I didn't know made it a worthwhile listen! I love audiobooks that are narrated by the author. Definitely worth listening to!
To summarize, this book teaches you pretty much all you need to know about fitness, and ties everything together with great stories. I really liked how this book was read by Vinnie himself, as it makes it so much more personal and easily relatable.
If you would like to hear about superdiets and magical fat loss methods, this book is not for you; however, if you are serious about getting fit, this book will teach you the only sustainable, realistic fitness advice there is, as well as giving you a good time while at it. As Vinne says: "Just because your body hurts (while working out), doesn't mean you head has to hurt too".
Kudos to Vinnie for reading the book himself. Inspiring stories and simple and solid advice. Makes me want to ride!
Loved all the personal stories! I was in tears listening to the story of the 2008 race. This is a true come back story and one of those that makes you think 'holy shit this guy overcame cancer, what the hell am I doing sitting on my ass!!!' This audio will inspire you, motivate you and move you to tears but most of all it will make you WANT to do better! Thanks for sharing your story Vinnie!
Vinnie does a great job telling an interesting story while working in some truths about health and fitness that are too often overlooked by normal health "experts" and nutritionists.
Report Inappropriate Content