In The Trust Edge, David Horsager reveals the foundation of genuine success - trust. Based on research but made practical for today’s leader, The Trust Edge shows that trust is quantifiable and brings dramatic results to businesses and leaders. In this book, Horsager teaches listeners how to build the 8 Pillars of Trust:
1. Clarity: People trust the clear and mistrust the ambiguous.
2. Compassion: People put faith in those who care beyond themselves.
3. Character: People notice those who do what is right over what is easy.
4. Competency: People have confidence in those who stay fresh, relevant, and capable.
5. Commitment: People believe in those who stand through adversity.
6. Connection: People want to follow, buy from, and be around friends.
7. Contribution: People immediately respond to results.
8. Consistency: People love to see the little things done consistently.
When leaders learn how to implement these pillars, they enjoy better relationships, reputations, retention, revenue, and results. Fascinating and timely, The Trust Edge unveils how trust has the ability to accelerate or destroy any business, organization, or relationship. The lower the trust, the more time everything takes, the more everything costs, and the lower the loyalty of everyone involved. Conversely, an environment of trust leads to greater innovation, morale, and productivity. The trusted leader is followed. From the trusted salesperson, people will buy. For the trusted brand, people will pay more, come back, and tell others. Trust, not money, is the currency of business and life!
©2009 David Horsager (P)2012 Simon & Schuster, Inc
Worthwhile to read
Yes, some very good concepts addressed here.
Trust is a result
For people who've read a lot of business books, they will recognize a lot of these concepts and examples. However, David does a nice job of tying these concept to the overall idea of trust.
The author went beyond a book on trust. It was more like listening to a life coach. Many good lessons. Good refresher.
@natesrandomisms Believer (27yrs), Husband (15yrs), Dad (3yrs), Son (35yrs), Broken neck survivor.
The authors unique view on how to build trust.
I have read the book and have seen the author live. The audio book brings to life the passion the author has for this subject.
This is by far one of the best books I have read about trust.
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.