This is an audiobook for busy people. If you want less on your plate and more for your life and career, tune in to the #1 Wall Street Journal best seller, The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results. The ONE Thing will bring your life and your work into focus. Authors Gary Keller and Jay Papasan teach you the tricks to cut through the clutter, achieve better results in less time, dial down stress, and master what matters to you. Unabridged version includes:
What’s your ONE Thing? For more information on The ONE Thing, events, coaching, and tools, visit www.The1Thing.com.
©2012 Rellek Publishing Partners, Ltd. (P)2013 Rellek Publishing Partners, Ltd.
Much much much better than expected. Everything is perfect about it:
1. Doesn't promote more stress and overwhelm. You're not asked to make lists, overwork yourself, etc – as it's often the case in other books in this genre.
2. It's so well-written. Engaging.
3. It's so well organised. Easy to follow and digest.
4. The method is sound and logical.
5. Perhaps related to point number three, but the music between the chapters add a positive note (pun intended) to the presentation and overall experience.
Such a keeper, this book.
This is my first book review. I am taking the time to review this because I truly think that it could change everyone's life for the better.
It is not difficult to follow the suggestions. When you do then it soon becomes apparent that you have been living and prioritizing the wrong way.
I have lost weight, started a new business and I am about to quit my 9 to 5. I have been talking about this for years. Now I can do it.
Read or listen to this book. It may change your life!
I read a lot of business and self help books and this is definitely one of the better ones. The content is unique and engaging.
I would definitely compare this book to two other books - 1) The Compound Effect and 2) Manage Your Day to Day, Find Your Focus, And Sharpen Your Creative Mind. They discuss similar concepts.
I've learned how to FOCUS more. This book has very practical and useful worksheets/PDFs and trust me, it's totally worth doing those exercises; it will help a lot in terms of gaining focus and clarity with your ONE thing.
Below are some of elements of the book that really stuck with me.
1. Extraordinary results are directly determined by how narrow you can make your focus.
2. Achievers always work from a clear sense of priority. Instead of a to do list, you need a success list -- a list that is purposefully created around extraordinary results.
3. The majority of what you want will come from the minority of what you do.
4. Success is actually a short race -- a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough for habit to kick in and take over.
5. It takes an average of 66 days to acquire a new habit.
6. You make doing what matters most a priority when your willpower is at its highest. Do your most important work -- your ONE thing -- early.
7. Our purpose sets our priority and our priority determines the productivity our actions produce.
A friend of mine suggested I read this book, but I was hesitant after reading some of the reviews from other listeners. I ended up buying the book and I'm glad I did. Good ideas well presented. If the listener will implement, good things are likely to happen.
Where do I start talking about a book so transformative it leaves you in awe of the potential in yourself. I have been a lifelong student of business and life and I am awash with new vigor after listening to the book. I also own the hard copy.
The One Thing. So simple, so unbelievably profound.
I really like Claire's voice outlining and reinforcing core elements. Nice touch. I liked Tim too all excellent.
Yes. A few laughs yes. No crying.
Do this. Get the book and do what they lay out. In my life I've achieved really cool milestones but still feel like it's not enough. Family, relationships, business, spiritually, all benefit from the strategy for better living in this book.
As another reader said: for those who don't have a firm grasp of the obvious. Just stresses focusing on one thing that is important which will solve other issues. There. You've read it too. Plenty of better books on business and life problem solving/focus.
Simply ridiculously repetitive! Finally called it quits about half way through when I got sick of hearing "The one thing" repeated by the narrator for about the 100th time.
High drama for poorly written book is simply a lame attempt to bring it to life.
Just felt like a magazine article someone felt like putting in book form.
"There is scarcely any passion without struggle." Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus and Other Essays
The secret: concentrate on ONE thing at a time.
How does it take 5 1/2 hours to get to ONE Firm Grasp?
Add ONE happy song, ONE ton of guitar filler and (my ONE compliment to the authors is their skill to) say ONE thing ONE Hundred different ways.
I am so excited to discover my ONE Thing every day, week, month, year... This book has opened my thoughts to an interesting way of life. I am developing the success habit. The future is filled with possibilities. Thanks Gary Keller & Jay Papasan for delivering a life changing formula.
excellent book, very well explain, easy to understand , clear guise to a good success in any way for a better life, a good way to get out of the rat race. I recomended to any person that is looking for any good chance in life.
This book is inspiring. It enlightens you to the misconceptions about being productive and give you tips on how to focus on the things that produce extraordinary results. Loved it!
Report Inappropriate Content
If you find this review inappropriate and think it should be removed from our site, let us know. This report will be reviewed by Audible and we will take appropriate action.