number-one New York Times best-selling author John C. Maxwell believes that any setback, whether professional or personal, can be turned into a step forward when you possess the right tools to turn a loss into a gain. Drawing on nearly fifty years of leadership experience, Dr. Maxwell provides a roadmap for winning by examining the eleven elements that constitute the DNA of learners who succeed in the face of problems, failure, and losses.
1. Humility - The Spirit of Learning
2. Reality - The Foundation of Learning
3. Responsibility - The First Step of Learning
4. Improvement - The Focus of Learning
5. Hope - The Motivation of Learning
6. Teachability - The Pathway of Learning
7. Adversity - The Catalyst of Learning
8. Problems - The Opportunities of Learning
9. Bad Experiences - The Perspective for Learning
10. Change - The Price of Learning
11. Maturity - The Value of Learning
Learning is not easy during down times, it takes discipline to do the right thing when something goes wrong. As John Maxwell often points out - experience isn't the best teacher; evaluated experience is.
©2013 John C. Maxwell (P)2013 Hachette Audio
No. I've heard Maxwell narrate a number of his own books and this does not capture the reflection I'd expect. I feel like the meaning is diminished or changed as a result.
Good things to reflect upon.
No - found it quite distracting.
Chapter on humility.
yes, its inspiring. you always learn, no matter what happens you learn, its about changing the attitude.
Making conscious efforts to learn from your shortcomings, failures, challenges and unconscious mistakes is a school on its own. Invest in your money; buy this book.
It did exactly what I thought it would. Refreshed my motivation and kept me full of can-do power.
And as you know, John can trusted to not come from some crazy pop-psychology angle, only solid teaching.
There are no listener reviews for this title yet.
Report Inappropriate Content