Today, jobs for grads are hard to find. Promotions and raises can be tough to get. And, with continuing corporate downsizing, jobs are often difficult to keep. But, there are insiders' secrets to finding, landing, and keeping dream jobs - even in tough economic times. And, by using the right methods and tactics, your chances for promotions and raises increase - even in shrinking organizations. That's what School's Over - Now What? is all about.
In this audiobook, you'll discover the three critical steps and four proven tactics to find and land your dream job.
- Assess your strengths and skills — to "sell yourself" to employers.
- Write an interview-generating resume.
- Interview — to get job offers.
- Network with family, friends and others — to find job leads and opportunities.
- Research companies (in databases and on the Internet) — to discover where you "fit".
- Work with employment agencies — to get the inside track for jobs.
- Use power internships—As a jump-start for a career.
You'll also learn how to promote yourself and get substantial salary increases. These are the methods to "Know Yourself, Grow Yourself and Market Yourself". Discover how to:
- Sell yourself and your ideas inside the company.
- Play and win at corporate politics — ethically.
- Self-market and create "visi-posure" (visible exposure).
- Stay at the "cutting edge" in your field.
- Create your own job security by "bullet proofing" yourself.
- Make loyalty work for you.
- Embrace change and actually profit from it.
- Climb the corporate ladder (and not get stuck on the rungs).
- And much, much more!
Download the accompanying reference guide.
©2009 David Jon Bowman LLC (P)2009 David Jon Bowman LLC