Yes - best story of the series so far with impacts to Mercy Thompson series.
Holter Graham did an excellent job as always in this series. A favorite narrator.
Really enjoyed this story. I love Anna & Charles and have missed them since Hunting Ground! I loved seeing Anna now with the confidence in being loved and safe and in who she is. I loved the change in the world of the wolves and the fae and can't wait to see what happens in the next Mercy book!
The short stories with Sam, Alyssa, Jules. I also appreciated the book being bookmarked so that I could skip to the short stories I care about the most.
Yes. I have really enjoyed the characters of this series and will read more if they come out. Her juggling multiple POVs in her books could be a bit much for some people. Having a female and male reader to narrator the famale/male character POVs help to keep track of the story in audio.
I have enjoyed their performances in past Troubleshooter books and their performance in this collection is no exception.
Book Introduction - Melanie Ewbank - (04:33)
Troubleshooters 00 - When Frank Met Rosie - Patrick Lawlor - (39:25)
- I didn't listen to this story.
Troubleshooters 00 - Thoughts on When Frank Met Rosie - Melanie Ewbank - (07:15)
- This is Ms. Brockmann's thoughts on writing this short story about a character was dropped from the series during book 3.
Troubleshooters 06.5 - When Alyssa and Sam Met the Dentist - Melanie Ewbank - (14:45) 3*
- Nice little preview of the villain from Hot Pursuit (book 15)
Troubleshooters 07.5 - Waiting - Patrick Lawlor - (35:05) 4*
- I love Sam and Alyssa so while Alyssa is mostly off-screen I enjoyed this story. Sam gets bad news about a mission Alyssa is on while he's at home with his daughter. The other wives of SEAL Team 16 show up to provide support.
Troubleshooters 09.5 - Sam Takes an Assignment in Italy Patrick Lawlor - (31:58) 4*
- Again, Sam is the main character with Jules coming in to have his back. It's a fun little short story.
Troubleshooters 09.6 - When Jenk, Izzy, Gilman, and Lopez Met Tony Vlachic - Patrick Lawlor - (25:53) 3*
- Fun little story about when the guys get to know Tony.
Troubleshooters 09.7 - Suz's Interview with Tom and Kelly - Melanie Ewbank - (07:41) 2*
- Not a big fan of the interview style bits in this anthology. This was just OK for me.
Troubleshooters 10.1 - Trapped - Patrick Lawlor - (1:02:44) 3.5*
- First short I listened to with some real action taking place. Was nice to see other members of the group in on this op. I love Sam, Alyssa and Jules. It was also the first story with some length to it.
Troubleshooters 10.2 - Conversation with Navy SEALs Mark "Jenk" Jenkins, Dan Gillman, Jay Lopez, and Irving "Izzy" Zanella - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (06:26) 2*
- I didn't think this worked that well in audio
Troubleshooters 10.3 - Suz's Interview with Kenny and Savannah - Melanie Ewbank (07:53) 2*
Troubleshooters 12.6 - Home Is Where the Heart Is (Part I & II) - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (2:52:20) 3*
- Main characters for this short were secondary (non-Troubleshooter) characters introduced in All Through The Night (book 12). I thought the premise of the plot was a bit thin but it was OK.
Troubleshooters 15.5 - A SEAL and Three Babies - Patrick Lawlor - (1:30:18) 4*
- This was my favorite short story in this collection. I loved seeing Sam and Robin working together in this short story.
FAQ Interview with Suz - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (18:15) 2*
- I wish there had been more/longer real short stories instead of some of these entries. We can find this on the author's website.
Valentine's Day - Melanie Ewbank - (03:35) 1*
- I appreciate the sentiments in this commentary but, again, would have preferred more/longer short stories.
Fighting Destiny 00 - Bonus Story: Shane's Last Stand Patrick Lawlor (1:01:55) 3.5*
- This is a prequel to her Fighting Destiny series. I did read book 1 (Born to Darkness) and found it interesting so I liked this story. I can understand its inclusion in this collection since this takes place when Shane is a Navy SEAL (in the dystopian future) and it's one of the few short stories with some action going on.
Troubleshooters 00 - Glossary of Troubleshooters Terms - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (18:43) 1*
- A mostly straight forward glossary of terms.
Troubleshooters 00 - Troubleshooters Series Timeline - Patrick Lawlor, Melanie Ewbank - (13:45) 1*
- A brief summary of the books and short stories that are part of the Troubleshooters series. Appreciate the inclusion in an e-book but these last 2 entries of the audio take over 30 minutes and while the narrators can make it interesting, not something I'd re-visit.
While there was a lot of extra stuff in this collection that I could have done without, the short stories I enjoyed were worth the price of admission for me.
Yes and I already have. This is a novella that first appeared in the On the Prowl Anthology. Ms. Briggs placed the story in the existing world of her Mercy Thompson series so we that helped with the world building already in place. I loved Charles with Anna and loved seeing Anna fight to retain her innate strong personality in spite of the abuse from her pack.
Ms. Briggs Mercy Thompson books and the other books in the Alpha & Omega series.
I thought Holter brought a lot to this book. I love that you can distinguish the characters in his narration and the way he can subtlety convey all the emotional milestones in the story.
I feel that this is a must listen before listening to Ms. Brigg's Alpha & Omega which picks up the story exactly where the novella leaves off. Even though the length of this one was short, it was worth the $$.
The story, characters and world building! I have read in some places that this is being categorized as urban fantasy but I feel that it is more straight fantasy in the vein of her Black Jewels series. The Other characters are dark and dangerous but endearing. I loved seeing Meg grow while in the protection of the Courtyard and seeing the Others being more "humanized" through their interactions with her. Sam was absolutely adorable!
All of the interactions between Meg and Sam.
I don't think Ms. Harris did a terrible job but I thought most of her female voices sounded a bit childlike in pitch. I also didn't care for the tempo of the reading or how she emphasized some words but I was still able to lose myself into the story.
If you have enjoyed any of Anne Bishop's previous series, you will most likely like this one.
I didn't read the print version but really enjoyed the audio. Not sure I would have read Liz/Abagail as narrator but appreciated that point of view and think it did bring more to the experience.
Liz/Abagail's emotional journey
No. At first, I didn't care for her narration so much. But it didn't take me long to lose myself into the story and enjoy the narration.
There were multiple points of the story to wring tears from me. This is definitely more a contemporary romance vs. romance suspense but the character growth and interpersonal relationships were well fleshed out and delivered. I still wanted more when it ended.
Yes - Reminded me a lot of older Julie Garwood historicals. No surprises in plot but I found it enjoyable. Enjoyed narration.
Rebirth (35.7 Minutes) - Read by Erik - Aaron POV on how he was turned into a vampire. We met Aaron at the end of Stolen. Bewitched (1.8 Hours) - Read by Mia - Eve's POV short on how she met Christoph and how she ends up pregnant with Savanah. I'm not a huge Eve fan so not sure I've listened to this yet. I need to give this a shot and then listen. Birthright (27.1 Minutes) - Read by Erik - Logan's POV - This is a short on how Logan first meets Clay and Jeremy and finds out he is a werewolf. Beginnings (5.1 Hours) - Read by Mia for Elena POV and Erik for Clay's POV - I love going back and listening to this short - one of my favorites for falling asleep to. This tells the story of how Clay and Elena meet, get together, and Elena gets bitten. To me, this short alone was worth getting the audiobook! It's also nice getting more of Logan and seeing how close he and Elena get. This story is told from alternating Clay / Elena POVs. Expectations - (27.4 minutes) - Lucas centric short with him tracking down a grimoire. Ghosts - (17.5 minutes) Wedding Bell Blues - (39 minutes) - Page & Lucas wedding. Case of El Chupacabra - (4.2 Hours)
Report Inappropriate Content