I would recommend my friends either buy a hard copy of the books or buy the audio books by a different narrator.
When I stopped the recording and moved on to a different book.
If all of the books he reads are of the same quality I think my money would be better spent elsewhere.
The books themselves are classics and great for anyone to read, but the narrator just butchered them.
I have read Art of War and Book of 5 Rings before, and wanting to read The Prince I saw this file and thought the price was a great deal. 3 books for 3.95.... I was mistaken, The narrator drones on through the books with almost no pause. The Prince was a smooth reading but the others felt like he was bumbling through two books he either does not understand or had not read before. Do yourself a huge favor, pay the extra money and buy them separately... and by another narrator.
I started reading this book as a deal with my wife. She would read the Dark Tower series if I would read these. So I did... and so far they are enjoyable.
I have read some of the other reviews and wanted to respond and throw in my own two bits.
1. There is not a single point in which a bodice was ripped... Randall cuts the strings on one,, but there was no ripping. and Yes there is a LOT of sex in this
2. This is historical fiction/romance/tiny bit of Sci Fi.
3. This is a very very long story told in first person, which made it really hard for me to get through as I am not a fan of that style of writing. However the author does a good job with description to pull your attention away from the fact that you are basically reading Claire's journal.
4. YOU WILL WANT TO DROWN CLAIRE... it seems like every couple of chapters someone says "DON'T DO THAT" and Claire says "Oh it will be ok" followed by something bad happening and her being shocked and realizing that the other person was right.
5. Davina Porter did an amazing job with the story
6. And Yes ... there is quite a bit of Sex in this story.. I have heard this referred to as "50 Shades of Plaid". Yep lots of kinky rough sex. And this goes both ways Claire gets in on the action as much as Jamie does. (I know I mentioned Sex twice in this review, there is that much sex)
Overall the story is not too bad. The mode of delivery is a bit annoying for me, yet I was willing to stick it out and enjoyed the story...
My biggest gripe was the ending.... it just ENDS.. forcing you to move on to the second book to get some resolution.
Just remember before you pick this up and complain that there is too much character development or that it did not go anywhere... this is book 1 of 7 (the eighth is about to come out) and Gods knows how many more she is going to write.
So Read, Enjoy
This book is for any parent who has been kept up late on a work day by a little one who will just not go "The F--K To Sleep". And well worth the price for the laugh.
Report Inappropriate Content