This short book is an excellent expansion on the author's Harvard Business Review blog post on the same subject. The 9 things successful people do differently are as follows. It is well worth hearing the author flesh these items out:
1. Setting specific goals. Vagueness must be avoided. It must be a clear yes/no that the goal has been achieved.
2. Seize the moment. Always be looking to take advantage of time and opportunity.
3. Monitor progress towards goals, focusing on what is yet to be done.
4. Be optimistic, but realistic too. Realize that big goals are difficult to achieve.
5. Focus on improvement. Don't get hung up on evaluating good/bad. Just keep improving.
6. Grit. Persistence in the face of difficulty.
7. Focus on increasing willpower.
8. Avoid temptation.
9. Focus on positive actions, not on what you will avoid doing, or avoid thinking of.
This book desperately needs editing down. Far too many words for too little content.
Report Inappropriate Content